Thread: Help!!

Help!!

nothing to do with refrigeration or air con going to have my first kid in june and im crapping my self ! any1 got any tips ?

Re: Help!!

congratulations! haha, crush a morning after pill in her big mac, or start doing the overtime!!! I don't think you can sell babys on ebay either, my beast was born when I was 20, 18 yr later he left home and his bird is having a sprogg in feb. the last resort is to get a full blood transfusion so you can claim it isn't yours! good luck

Ask ur boss to put you on permanent stand by. At least you will be getting paid for being up all night. Good luck with the baby though its the best expirience in the world. Then they become teenagers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have used a condom...

Jokes aside,
    Don't worry, humanity have coped with babies for thousands of years.
    It will not be the end of the world.
    Just life as you know it...

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hey, congratulations, life will change but that new life that you have made will consume you with love. Also a fair few crappy nappies and sleepless nights but so what, it's only for a few years....

Found a website just for you.....
    http://www.dad.info/kids/babies/your...irst-few-weeks
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Congratulations mate.

I think there are many ways of parenting - you've just got to see how others do things and use, adapt or ignore it as you see fit and eventually you'll get your own 'style'. You'll get all sorts of advice from family and friends and I think some reckon they are wise old sages but don't know any better than the next - a bit like certain fridge techs I know.

Watch out for the competitive boastful types who like to impress how early their kids are nappy trained, walking, crawling etc. Kids develop at different rates so it's no big deal.

Be prepared for broken nights and the tiredness and short temper that goes with it. Don't forget the Mrs is a bag of hormones so no point reasoning, just nod your head every now and then.

Don't buy any toys or clothes as you'll get loads as presents.

A certain surcharge is added on goods simply because the shops can get away with it, similar to the 'wedding' surcharge. If you and the boss are happy with it get second hand cot, buggy etc

It will be as complicated as you want to make it. After a while it becomes normal everyday life and before you know it you'll be a chubby, balding 40 year old wondering what all the fuss is about.

Good luck!
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Hi Jon jon.
    congratulations, children are cool. Puts a whole different perspective on life.

I love kids- just cant eat a whole 1

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    I love kids- just cant eat a whole 1
    A bit like Wife's FB post the other day...

Wife: Is getting hungry. Go to sleep children.

Me: Why? Do you find them difficult to eat while they're awake?

So you are going to be a father? Congratulations. Next thing you know, you will be like me, your baby will be in his/her 20's and you will wonder where the time went. Please take the time to actually enjoy it, because when you are my age, those years will be your fondest memories.
    Kherson
    P.S. Take lots of pictures. Especially ones that you can use later on to embarrass or blackmail your kid when they are a teenager...

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    congratulations! haha, crush a morning after pill in her big mac, or start doing the overtime!!! I don't think you can sell babys on ebay either, my beast was born when I was 20, 18 yr later he left home and his bird is having a sprogg in feb. the last resort is to get a full blood transfusion so you can claim it isn't yours! good luck
    Ahh, the English language (or maybe just Manc), where the hell did the name "sprogg" come from.......?

Mike,
    You should at least know one language properly....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=6025363

And good luck to coming father, Your'e not alone in this story, you got your wife, share your thoughts with her.
    They're not too bad, I've got 4 of them.... Invest your life towards them and enjoy your investment when you'll get older....

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    Congratulations mate.

I think there are many ways of parenting - you've just got to see how others do things and use, adapt or ignore it as you see fit and eventually you'll get your own 'style'. You'll get all sorts of advice from family and friends and I think some reckon they are wise old sages but don't know any better than the next - a bit like certain fridge techs I know.

Watch out for the competitive boastful types who like to impress how early their kids are nappy trained, walking, crawling etc. Kids develop at different rates so it's no big deal.

Be prepared for broken nights and the tiredness and short temper that goes with it. Don't forget the Mrs is a bag of hormones so no point reasoning, just nod your head every now and then.

Don't buy any toys or clothes as you'll get loads as presents.

A certain surcharge is added on goods simply because the shops can get away with it, similar to the 'wedding' surcharge. If you and the boss are happy with it get second hand cot, buggy etc

It will be as complicated as you want to make it. After a while it becomes normal everyday life and before you know it you'll be a chubby, balding 40 year old wondering what all the fuss is about.

Good luck!
    Andy.
    Good Advice....

My daughter is 27 and when she was in her teens she was a right cow; she had us both in tears at times but now she`s a ward sister with a good home and still wants to come on holiday with us with her partner. My son is 25 and a artic truck driver who`s away all week to save up with his g/f to buy there own place. He calls me his best friend. Believe me it`s hard work with lots of worries but being a dad is the best job in the world.
    Now the down side, your sex life will never be the same. First she`ll be too tired, then she`ll worry about the baby then toddler hearing you. Then, when their in the teens she`ll be embarassed if they hear you both. Eventually when they leave home she`ll be going through the change so forget all carnal desires and buy a good book to read of a night while the woman next to you snores away and you`re as horny as you were in your teens.