Comm Air Australia

I would like some feedback on this company and/or their products. I am looking at purchasing 26 large packaged units from them. If anyone has ANY feedback on them, please dont hold back.

Cheers
    T

Re: Comm Air Australia

Are they working out of the APAC factory in perth. i work for a pretty big company in melb and i dont think we have put any in yet. will let you know.

Yes, they are ex APAC. But I need to know about their product, and back up. APAC was shut down by Carrier, in what was a commercial move (cheaper to manufacture in China and alike than in Oz). Comm Air was formed by the senior management of APAC/APAC Carrier.

LACHAIR Guest

have has great service from the guys at comm air, unsure as to their backup service, units look the goods tho.

Quote Originally Posted by LACHAIR View Post
    have has great service from the guys at comm air, unsure as to their backup service, units look the goods tho.
    Would the fact that your name is Glen Lachlan (Lach... =Lachair maybe?).Have anything to do with your reccomendation.tbowes. You need to understand that this forum is not to give testimonials etc to individual companies.We all work within the industry and the second we start self promotion of our respective companies. The forum will be nuetered.Besides which it's against the term and conditions.So I intend to report the post anyway.Grizzly

The Apac stuff I first worked on when I moved here had some good points, but badly let down by the coils, which appears to have been coated post manufacture & were all corroding from the middle out.
    To be scrupulously fair, I have no way of telling if the coating was factory or after market.

If the OP decides to consider Trane 'Voyager' packaged units, specify the ones made in the Epinal factory. They're the best built & CE marked so they should not need any adaptations to meet Oz electrical reg's. However Dalkia don't seem at all keen on selling that line here. Reckon they can't get the pricing competitive.
    Back when I worked for Trane UK, we sold pretty much as many Voyagers as everything else put together. But we only had to get them across the channel, not around the planet.
    Anyone needs tech support on them in Oz, best send me a PM. I can still remember quite a bit.

The European Lennox stuff looked pretty good as well & was our main competitor in that market. I don't know if the Lennox gear that Heatcraft are selling comes from the same line or not. It is different, but it has been a long time since I worked on it so I could be well out of date.

The Temperzone stuff I've worked on seemes generally well built & reasonably well thought out from a service perspective. I have had / know of a few compressor failures due to faulty TEV's but that could have been a bad batch of TEV's for all I know. Temperzone's tech. support is usually top notch.