Red face Carel Master Cella conttoller

Hi everybody and a good new year.

I have a problem with a Carel Master Cella controller connected to a walk in cold room.

The user complained that the evaporator fans do not run much of the time, not a problem says me, I will reprogram the controller so that the fans run all the time (except during defrost). So with Technical Leaflet in hand and feeling rather smug I proceed to hold the up & down buttons as per instructions for 5 seconds - result nowt. Plan B: Hold prog + up + down for 5 seconds to go straight to parameter folders. Result; zilch. I know that all three buttons work when pressed separately so I don't think they are faulty.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong, it should be so simple? Any help grateful received. Many thanks

Re: Carel Master Cella conttoller

searched carels website, cant find a master cella controller, what model ?? have you checked the output for the fans off the controller and also the evap probe setpoint will initiate the fans usually when the coil is around 2 deg for freezer and ideally run continuously for a fridge application

Mastercella press programme and set buttons for 5 secs to acess parameters

Quote Originally Posted by joe-ice View Post
    Mastercella press programme and set buttons for 5 secs to acess parameters
    And with Carel, this is normally the point at which you have to enter the password to access level 2 parameters...

Hi folks

Thanks for the replies

The fan icon is not illuminated all the time so there wont be an output at that time. Icon comes on and fans run ok with compressor but I want to program it so that fans run all the time. It is a chiller cold room.

The instruction booklet says press up and down keys to access parameters, at that point a "0" (zero) should appear in the display, this is the point to enter the password (22) but the display does not change from indicating the cold room temperature so I can't proceed to the password stage.

I have not tried the set and prog buttons together because this is not what the book said to do, I'll give it a go next time I'm there. Perhapps that is a mistake in the booklet.

I think MasterCellar (one word) is the model, there are some option codes in the book but I don't think they will make any difference to the programming. This is not a small panel mount comtroller, it is a box about 6 inches square.

press PRG for more than 5 seconds (if an alarm is active, the buzzer is muted fi rst of all), the display shows the code of the fi rst
    modifi able type “F” parameter.
    How to access type “C” parameters (confi guration):
    1. Press PRG and SET together for more than 5 seconds; the display will show the number “00”,
    representing the password prompt;
    2. press oruntil displaying the number “22” (the code of the password allows access to the parameters);
    3. confi rm by pressing SET; the display will show the code of the fi rst modifi able type “C” parameter
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 31-12-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Text resized

wire the fans to the relay job done.

Thanks again for the replies, I'll try the PROG & SET next time I am there or get the customer to try it following telephone instructions.

I dont think wireing the fans direct to any relay would be the answer or they might finish running during defrost.

fitted one of these panels recently the manual leaves a lot to be desired! but with patience it was ok the book looks like it was translated badly the settings are on 3 seperate pages,

Have been looking at the book again and I think I mistook the PROG & SET buttons with the UP/DOWN buttons because of the way the book is printed. The icons are on sucessive lines right underneath each other. I have not had a chance to return to site yet but I'm sure that with the help received I should be able to work my way through it. (I have written myself a list of instructions which involves 15 operations just to modify the fan operation).

So with much egg on face my apologies to every one and thanks for your help.

Wish me luck, I'm going over the top.