Hi
I have a 12000 btu shinco unit kfr-35gwz/bm

The unit appears to work ok in cooling mode however it "cycles" in heating mode and also doesnt seem to defrost properly

The compressor will ramp up and run for a few minutes and then cut out, the indoor unit will go into stand by for a few minutes and then the compressor will kick back in and run for a few minutes and kick out again.

I manually defrosted the unit today by puting the unit to ac and ran it until the outside unit was ice free. durring this ac cycle i took the following readings

indoor air temp sensor 20
indoor pipe temp sensor 19
outdoor air temp sensor -1
outdoor pipe temp sensor 1 to 3
outdoor discharge sensor temp 22 to 14
compressor current 0.5 to 1.0
DC voltage 31
Compressor Frequency 40

Once the unit was ice free i flipped it over to heat and took the following readings as the unit was warming up but before the inside unit started cranking out any real heat

indoor air temp sensor 20
indoor pipe temp sensor 20 to 25
outdoor air temp sensor -2
outdoor pipe temp sensor -1 to -2
outdoor discharge sensor temp 11 to 14
compressor current 1.4 to 3.9
DC voltage 29 to 30
Compressor Frequency 47 to 78

once the unit started cranking out heat (indoor unit light went solid to indicate heating mode and louvres started moving) i took these readings

indoor air temp sensor 23
indoor pipe temp sensor 39
outdoor pipe temp sensor --8
outdoor discharge sensor temp 36
compressor current 4.7
DC voltage 29
Compressor Frequency 75

the unit ran for a few minutes and the outside unit/compressor cut out and the inside unit went into standby/anti cool/;ight blinking mode and i immediately took these readings

indoor air temp sensor 24
indoor pipe temp sensor 41
outdoor pipe temp sensor -6
outdoor discharge sensor temp 43
compressor current 0
DC voltage 32
Compressor Frequency 0

after a few minutes the compressor kicked back in and i took these readings

indoor air temp sensor 21
indoor pipe temp sensor 14
outdoor pipe temp sensor 0
outdoor discharge sensor temp 24
DC voltage 29
Compressor Frequency 54

Any insight is appreciated

all readings are in celcius. I found this online but most of it is greek to me. ive had hvac guys out and know i'll likely need one again but just want to eliminate as much as possible first. I just had to drop a wad on a new fujitsu unit to replace an 18000 btu shinco that had an undetectable leak that i had 2 compaies try to isolate so ii'm trying to check out as much as i can first. I can check resistance in sensors etc and check any electrical readings, just nothing to do with the gasses.
http://www.thermospace.com/shinco/In...ice_Manual.PDF