Reeferrookie Guest

R1150 or R23 for cascade?

Copeland and r1150

Guys I had a question asked that I dont know the answer to and was hoping some of you industry guys can answer for me.

The question is a little vague but Im assuming the company asking reached out to Copeland and Copeland told them not to use r1150. Heres the question:

Why does Copeland consider R1150 to be such a big issue? Would we be better off using R23?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.aWM

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: R1150 or R23 for cascade?

Copeland are simply protecting themselves from legal attack due to people using a machine, compressor, in an untested environment.

In other words, Copeland have not tested that model of compressor with flammable gases and therefore will not provide safety or warranty for it's use with such gases.

I see nothing wrong with their statement.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: R1150 or R23 for cascade?

We have 2 systems running with Copeland compressors on R1150 in 2 stage and R1290 in 1st stage. No problems. We added also some propane to the R1150 stage.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.