Toshiba compressor kfr33 help please

Hi I have just purchased a kfr-33 toshiba compressor split system ,

These units are sold as easy fit for DIY instilation

I have installed as per instruction book but have now discovered that there is no real way of evacuating the lines without a vac pump , the instructions tell you to open the small pipe valve for 4-5 secs then close , look for leaks then push the large pipe valve with a screwdriver to expel pipe work for 3-4 seconds , then fully open both and run unit ,

My question is if I get a installer to pump down the 410a into the compressor and close both valves then vac the lines is that going to help of has the damage already been done ?

Look forward to your thoughts

Thanks

Re: Toshiba compressor kfr33 help please

if the gas has been released into the pipework then the gas will req reclaiming,pressure test,vac and recharge

Ok thanks , do you think it is worth having it done ?

Also the indoor unit makes a gurgling / rumbling noise when the compressor starts on heat mode for 20-30 secs is that normal ?

Clown,
    You have listed your location as UK.

What you have described above is illegal here without the right qualifications. A bit like GasSafe registration (used to be Corgi) for works on gas supplies and boilers and those laws applies whether you are doing it for money or not.

In order to get your unit to work you will need a properly qualified engineer to carry out the works Mr Monkey describes above.

Also worth mentioning, the longer the air stays in the system the more damage it will cause.

And, yes, those noises are completely normal for a system that haven't got pure refrigerant in it.

Hi thanks for your reply Viking please visit the link below
    http://www.cooleasy.co.uk/pages/Air-...-Easy-Fit.html

There is no mention that it is illegal to fit as the actually sell them as easy fit systems please notice at the bottom of the page the expell air section . I would like to know your views on it

Thanks

the instructions are just basic installation instructions provided by the manufacturer that were produced before 2079,2078 regs-the unit isn't a Toshiba, just a Toshiba compressor, more likely to be made in china, chigo or fairline

Do you think by following the instructions exactly the unit is installed and purged correctly.

Do you think by following the instructions exactly the unit is installed and purged correctly.

Short answer: NO, not in any way shape or form. Sorry.

Longer answer:
    By doing this as a DIY project in the UK you are breaking the law. Again, Sorry.

For further information have a look at the requirements for personnel working with refrigerant systems HERE, straight from the horse's mouth (DEFRA's website) or for more general info DEFRA's start page for stationary equipment

Ok thanks for all your help I will call in a professional to check and do all needed work

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Well done Clown123 for accepting sound advice.

Beginning to get tempted to report that supplier back to Refcom who hold their registration and also CITB who allow them to train others whilst continuing with this bad practice, any thoughts friends?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015