Fujitsu Mini-Split Model ASU18RLQ Blower Motor

I have a problem with the blower motor on the above referenced unit. I have a relacement motor, but I can't figur out how to get the old motor out and the new one installed. The air handler unit is mounted on a wall about 7 feet off the ground.

Do I have to receover the refrigerant and actually remove the unit from the wall? Or can the motor be replaced while the unit hangs.

I downloaded the Fujitsu Service Manual, and even though it has a parts breakdown, it doesn't get into the R&R of components.

Can someone help me please?

Re: Fujitsu Mini-Split Model ASU18RLQ Blower Motor

You don't have to recover the refrigerant to replace the fan motor or rotor on these wall mounted fan coils. It is a fiddly job though and, like all of us, you will end up with a few coil rashes.

Switch the electric supply off before doing anything. Strip the casing off and release the screws holding the coil into the casing. unhitch the wiring and unplug the sensors and fan motor from the pcb assembly, taking care to either photograph the connections or jot down the sequence/colours. Remove the pcb assembly. Now gently lift the coil up and slightly out to reveal the fan scroll and motor which you can pull out. Rebuild in the reverse order.

The fridge pipes at the top of the coil will give a little to allow you to pull the coil up and out slightly but be careful and don't overdo the lifting/pulling.

you need to remove the outer casing- usually 2 screws behind lil covers under the air outlet, 1 screw on the cover for the electrics,usually the bottom right corner will fall off,slide the remaining plastic underneath to the left about 20mm then it will pop off, remove the lower metal plate that secures the unit to the back wall plate, remove coil sensor,return air sensor, unplug louvre motor and unscrew the earth tag on the coil-careful not to stab the coil.unhook electrics housing,disconnect drain hose,drip tray will only become removable when u pull the unit forwards so you can access 2 screws at the back pointing upwards, remove drip tray, plastic cover on right hand side, looking at the fan scroll there is access for a 4mm allen key this req removing/slackening- the motor should become removable- usually a good idea to change the end bearing,and wash the fan scroll with a hose pipe. when refitting the fan motor ensure the motor cables/plug is in the same position as otherwise youll have problems- good luck

Tnks for your help. I will be attempting the job Wednsday morning. Wish me luck!

ive don't it twice on me old fujitsu 3.5kw- took me 2 hrs to strip itand rebuild it- I also cleaned the drip tray- its easier if the pipework isn't run along the bottom of the unit