Toshiba tech support!

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any experience with toshiba technical support in the uk?
    When i have previously rung them i had a unit that just would not run at all unless it was in force cool, when i spoke to their tech support they asked for the fault code which i said there wasn't one and there response was if theres no fault code it must be working. Well I rang them back after trying a few things to fix the fault myself like putting ferrites on the interconnecting cables and it went to answer phone and said leave your name and number and we'll get back to you well this was last week and still no call and it is still going to answer phone.

If toshiba want more market share in the uk they really need to sort this out certainly wouldn't get this poor service from the big boys like daikin and mitsi.

John D

Re: Toshiba tech support!

Have you called Daikin tech recently?, their tech support is terrible these days you leave your details with a receptionist and wait for a call back, which ive been waiting for over 6 months now, i guess things get overlooked at times, if i were you i would ring them back, i know a few of the lads personally and im sure they will do all they can to help you out

try heronhill they have toshiba direct number very helpfull i have found as far as mitsi and mhi very helpfull lg is a waste of time as there codes do not useually regognise the fault and daikin well unless you are a d1 they just read out of a book call back next day if lucky and warranty labour is terrible they just aint interested if you dont fit over a thousand units a year and this aint a moan just at daikin others are going that way from what we can sea

its worse when u were D1 and you now are not- im sure they've got me number on the barred list- got a few peoples moby numbers- luckily daikin extranet is available to all who can type- the spend an afternoon downloadin all 318 service manuals- rang trane once and they offered to send an engineer out!!!- most helpful if you've got £400 quid for a visit- lennox take a week to ring you back,if your lucky- kooltech technical for mitsi is ok,phoned a fujitsu technical number at 7pm and got a polish guy who was most helpful and knew his stuff

I had some problems with comissioning a Toshiba VRF system and their tech support could not have been more helpfull. When I needed advice on a Saturday afternoon I called them and the answer phone gave me a home number, I left a message on it and a few minutes later a guy called me back appologising that he`d been out with his son. He talked me trough the problem and got the system up and running. Hopefully your experience was just bad luck.
    If you think AC manufacturers are bad at giving support try an air compressor one, unless you are a distributor you`ve got no chance; they wont even put you through to the tech dept.

Cheers,
    Glenn

AMP can be very helpful with Toshiba Queries