Gents

I had a call from a new customer with no heating and attended yesterday.

It's the first time that I had my hands on one of these WB Greensource units and I traced the fault to the compressor soft start controller - a Carlo Gavazzi RSBS2325.

It's difficult to work out what the alarm led means but it looked like a relay protection error. Thinking that it may be a duff compressor I meggered the windings but they were fine.

Not being able to tell if it is a locked rotor fault without stating the machine, I'm left with little option but to replace the soft start first.

Here's the rub....no stock in the UK and this particular model is for the German market where the units are made.

Anyone have any experience on these WB systems?

The nice guy at Carlo Gavazzi UK says that he can't recommend a replacement starter as the model I have ends with a 'S180' and he thinks that these were specially made for WB and the internal cut out limits may be different - he says WB must advise a replacement model that is suitable for their machine.

In the meantime, the customers house is getting very cold.

WB won't talk to me and won't supply spares and say I must go through their distributors. Parts Centre are struggling as well to identify a part...

The full part number is RSBS2325A2V11C24S180 - 1phase compressor controller
The compressor is a Mitsubishi AEH60VEH....3230w INPUT @ 50HZ