I need a cold plate tech in the Tampa Florida area.

I have a truck with a Johnson freezer body mounted on it with a EUTECTIC COLD PLATES system. What I want to do is remove half of the plates from the truck body and divide it with a wall so that the front half would be freezer space and the back half would be dry storage. I found one company in the area that that told me the cost would be $4000!! I'm sure that is a very high estimate. So if anyone out there knows how to do this I'd be willing to pay them $1000 to $1200 to do the labor. If there are additional parts that are required, I'd need to pay for them also obviously.

Please Contact: ctf1969@live. com or seven40-two58-nine810 leave a message for Craig

Re: I need a cold plate tech in the Tampa Florida area.

Wow, 113 views and no replies. Am I asking the impossible or is this just something that is uncommmon in this area? How about any where else in Florida? I'd be willing to bring the truck to you if that would be better. Maybe I should sell the truck and try something else. Hmmm

Craig

Maybe the 113 views were by our members in countries other than the USA. We are a worldwide forum after all.

What you are asking is fairly straightforward to a fridge tech, however, reducing your evaporator capacity (by removing the eutetic plates) will leave your system unbalanced as the compressor and condenser will become oversized and mis-matched, and you may end up with control problems.

Anyone considering carrying out the work for you, for a price that you consider is reasonable, may not want to deal with all of the problems such a modification may bring.

At least if you went with the professionals quote you would have some recompense it things didn't work out how you thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Craig

Maybe the 113 views were by our members in countries other than the USA. We are a worldwide forum after all.

What you are asking is fairly straightforward to a fridge tech, however, reducing your evaporator capacity (by removing the eutetic plates) will leave your system unbalanced as the compressor and condenser will become oversized and mis-matched, and you may end up with control problems.

Anyone considering carrying out the work for you, for a price that you consider is reasonable, may not want to deal with all of the problems such a modification may bring.

At least if you went with the professionals quote you would have some recompense it things didn't work out how you thought they would.
    Thanks for the reply Frank. Very Good point about being a world wide forum, I hadn't considered this possibility.
    YOu say this is a straight forward procedure, but is it a reasonable thing to do or should I be be considering another, perhaps a better option.

As for the Professionals quote, there is nothing I'd like more than to go with his quote and be finished with this project, my finances just won't allow that at this time.

Thank you for your input, Reguards, Craig

Perhaps you could post a little more information regarding the trailer set up.....possibly a couple of pictures?

What cools the eutectic plates, pipework layout, cooling capacity, type of refrigerant, etc etc.

With more information to work with, other solutions may come to mind for some of our other members.

Try hvac-talk.com more likely to get a local there..

although I am not near the poster a lot of techs here Know how to do something like this but we also Know what Our time is worth a job you have to return to each week to babysit someone who is impossible to please is not worth any amount of money offered and to make a " lowball offer " is to insult all of us who are good the "hack" the OP gets for the money offered will do a job that will cost twice as much to fix proper