I should have been an accountant

Hi Guys,
    I just recieved the finall report from the accountants regarding the affairs of a company that went into administration. I`ll get enough for a litre of diesel for all the graft I put into keeping their run down A/C working. But, nows here`s a suprise, the accountants bill comes to £225,420 which works out at approx £224 per hour and they get weighed out before anyone else after the tax people. When was the last time a bean counter broke into a sweat.

Juat had to have that rant,
    Glenn

Re: I should have been an accountant

Hi Glenn

I think they get weighed out BEFORE the taxman. A change in the law a few years ago down graded the taxman from a preferential creditor to an unsecured creditor.

The VAT man....well, that's another matter....

Been there with you mate a few times in the past and try to be a little more vigilant nowadays....

No payee....no workee

Yes Glenn , and I take it that was after 2 or 3 years of minimal input at maximum profit for them and if the guy who ran the Company could just have tried a wee bit harder he could have sorted it all out himself in a matter of weeks with the Creditors if he had just been honest about his problems. I bet you would have got at least 50p in the pound!! It all beggars belief that so many people take the easy ( lazy ) way out instead of admitting a problem.

yes i guess its a mugs game,I had a guy go tits up some years ago he owed me £44.00 or thereabouts and it was not that long ago.the admins wrote to me with bundles of paper over a two year period he had no assets give or take a couple of grand but the admins bill was rising rising in excess of 100,000 so who paid them? me and you the taxpayer for sure,as for being an accountant no thanks.