New Indesit frost free freezer - frost build up on drawers.

My 4-5 year old Hotpoint FZ175 frost free freezer stopped working out of the blue and the repair cost was as much as a new freezer, so bought a new Indesit UIAA12F frost free freezer.

I know these freezers are very similar and I had no problems whatsoever with the Hotpoint other than the sudden death with no warning.

Now my problem is frost build up on the left side of the drawers of the new Indesit freezer.

It may be to do with changing the door hinge from right to left. I believe the seal is at fault, causing an air leak but I don't know how to solve it.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I could do to stop the build up of frost on the drawers?

Re: New Indesit frost free freezer - frost build up on drawers.

Who changed the door hinge from right to left?
    Changing hinges side can be tricky, get the person who did it and ask him to fix it.

My brother changed the hinges.

I just had a look now by taking it all off and doing it myself. It's pretty much idiot proof so I am 100% sure it's not the installation of the hinge.

However, when I slowly open and close the door, one section of the seal (lower left side) definitely doesn't make contact with the body. It's as if the seal isn't thick enough to make contact, or the magnetic seal is very weak there.

Is there anything that can be done to improve to contact or thickness of the seal?

I'm thinking because it's new, the seal is compact or not stretched and it needs to be stretched out a little. When comparing to my fridge the seal has a nice thickness and you can see the seal make good contact before the door is fully closed.

With the older type fridges we used to loosen the screws of the inner door panel and twist the door so it was in line with the frame before retightening the screws. The door would then keep its new shape and the seal would meet the frame better. This might not be possible with the newer type fridges though. Maybe some of the magnetic strip inside the seal is missing also. If the gap around the door looks good all the way around I would get a new seal.

Thought I'd update this thread by saying the freezer no longer has build up of frost

I think pulling some of the seal and heating it up a little (with a mug full of tea) helped with the contact.

When closing the door, I ran my fingers across the seal to make it touch the frame of the freezer. I repeated this a few times every time the door was opened to ensure it was sealed. The next day the seal was making good contact every time the door was closed! Success!