Thread: APAC Units

APAC Units

We are looking at removing 26 APAC units from the roof of Alice Springs Airport. These units are 22 years old, and in fairly good condition, thanks mainly to weather conditions (ie. No moisture). My intention is to retain the air plenumks (which are in very good condition), and replace only the actual air conditioner unit.
    Can someone help me out with the decyphering of the APAC model codes. I am assuming that it should be read as:
    "APAC S65HP (i presume Horse Power) / BH

I am also trying to find out the cranage weight of these units. Has anyone got a chart of weights.

Re: APAC Units

Thats sounds like a 65 kw split ducted. apac had so many different model numbers and could be custom made to what ever you wanted and the letters would change. p normally package units and s is split system. ring JNG in melbourne 1300 553 000. might be able to help.

APAC 2.jpg

As shown here, they are packaged units.

my mistake

We do have two of their splits. I reckon these units would weigh around 500 to 600 kilos. But I would ideally like this clarified.
    A bit more info in regards to this job. I need to engineer a gantry along the pitched zincalum roof in order to get these units off and the new ones one. So I need to know what loading I need to calculate for the gantry footing. As mentioned, I have 24 of the units as shown, and a crane can reach around 8 of them at max.

So, anyone that can help with the size/weight of the decyphering of the model numbers for the old APAC units, it would be invaluable.

And any constructive comments as to a good brand to replace? Temperzone are offering a 2 yr warranty, which, for a unit that should last 15 years, is a little low. The carrier units sound ok.......Anyone have any feedback on reliability, warranty length, price comparrisons?

Cheers

Give Totaline (AHI Carrier) a call with the model numbers and they should be able to tell you the specs of the units including the weight of the units.

Actually called carrier in SA. Spoke to the bloke that sold the exisiting units to the contractor in1991. Now I am moving forward.

Thanks for everyone's input!

helicopter lift. cheaper and faster than crane

Been down that path. Not allowed to use as the units are centered on roof, and we are an airport. The insurance required for the job is just ridiculous, and the requirements by CASA are nearly impossible to work with, and all work would need to be done at night. A gantry works out much cheaper, and we dont need all the aviaition permits. Anywhere else, and using a helicopter would be a no brainer.