Lightbulb Heat source pump

Hey guys has anybody any experience with heat source pumps fitted to homes, I am seriously thinking of getting one fitted to my house but I am trying to find out if they are all they are cracked up to be I'd be really greatful with some info on whats the best type,is there much work in installing etc ,thanks all

Re: Heat source pump

Richard howlin- Ronaldo has 1, go round for a cup of tea/guiness- and take ur hat and gloves!! haha- personally I don't rate them. also they best work with underfloor htg compared to oversized radiators. good luck. as a comparasin I fitted a 30kw combi boiler and my gas bill over 10 months was £130-annual statement based on useage- it would be lower but heating is on from 7am-10.30pm
    Last edited by install monkey; 28-11-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Hi Niall.199,

There are a lot of mixed opinions regarding Heat pumps being used for domestic heating and a lot of the issues come from design, poor installation and the installers not understanding how to set the systems up. I have installed over 300 heat pumps in the social housing sector and all fairly good results and savings.
    It will depend on your lifestyle and what you are trying to achieve.
    If you would like to PM me I would be more than happy to discuss things in more detail.

I've Hitachi air to air fitted in the house, only issue in 5+ years is a squeaky outdoor fan motor!!

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.