Troubles with Digital Vacuum guage

I have a SVG2, Digital Vacuum Gauge that I hook up inline with my R410a guages and i have a T piece that goes down to a tap inline also that once i have vacuumed down and it holds i can switch tap off so when i charge the hoses it doesn't affect my digi vac..

My problem is the first 10 or so times i used it, it held perfect ( as in i vaccumed down and switched off and the guage only creeped a little then flashed stable..)
    now though i can vac down then when i switch off it will NOT hold.. i thought it may be my hoses but i try everything and still does't hold..

do i need to calibrate the digi vac over time..?
    i tried cleaning sensor with acohol to see if that would work and it still does this..

everyone i have asked said im wasting my time using one..

but it use to work fine..
    just would like some advice

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Troubles with Digital Vacuum guage

Are all of the seals in good order? any tubing leaking due to old age? valve seals leaking? all things to consider before condemning your gauge.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Moisture or leaks, i've found the little rubber gauge line gaskets to be a common culprit, even if the look ok.

Failing this, can you borrow another gauge to compare it to?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

You could check the vac stat by directly connecting to the vac pump - with new oil you should expect to get around 25 microns if the pump is any good.