Thread: Hari Raya Haji

Talking Hari Raya Haji

Happy Hari Raya Haji to those muslim member in the forum..

Re: Hari Raya Haji

Appreciate it Corfreth.
    Are you clebrating it too.

Corfreth,
    Do you have anything to do with CBS?
    Does this company exist or has they shutdown?

Eid Mubarak to all
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Believe it or not I'm off the drinks for January - short dryingout process But I'm all for a piss up in February

Drinks on the house
    How about having it at SOHO

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien
    What are we supposed to be celebrating? Who's buying the drinks?

Its a long story Marc, many thousands of years ago, Phrophet Abraham..............................

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Thanks, Abe. In that story it seems the Devil was the most humane character. Does that make sense?
    Somewhere along the line you went off the track, history , leave it be. Now we are not fighting satan , we're actually have to tame ourself coz out of greed : humans fights, kills, murders, rapes, steals do you think the devils or satan drove him to do? It could either be another human being . A mans victory could be another mans defeat. Lets be rational. Do unto others like others do unto ye.
    That will make some sense aye aye

Sorry Marc, Im on Abrahams side, I think the devil, ( Satan) was a lousy rat.........

Whoever, wrote that script should be working for the BBC, Abe, it would make for some exciting sci-fi soapy shows
    No need to have shows, dramatic events had already evolves around since the beginning of time. Man's greed, man's egoism, man's political agenda, man's desires man's inability to accept the truth. So many innocence being had died.
    But life has to go on. Everybody will perish one day

No Problem matie. No intergrity was being questioned here. Everyone has his opinion somewhat rather.

Come again you should pay a visit to Steven Spielberg, Jackie Chan or Yussof Haslam and have them go through your script

I forgot to add...........

Drinking was made unlawful....................

And before I forget, its nearly 8 pm
    On ITV2 they got Australian Princess

Another infectuous watch for me...

Just brilliant watching these Ozzie chicks who want to be crowned English princesses

That Dianas's butler, and Sarah Fergusons sister are judges
    Watching them courtsey ( how the ****ens to I spell tthat??) is just brilliant.

Its like they bending down to millk a cow!!

Off I go

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    I forgot to add...........

Drinking was made unlawful....................
    never did go for religion in a big way - I now know why

Still don't understand why Jesus made copius amounts of WINE available though when the 9 fish fed thousands in the bible stories and they still do Communion in the Catholic church with wine? Is it really illegal?
    Last edited by frank; 11-01-2006 at 08:32 PM.

bit of a schizophrenic really
    Given your self admitted online multiple personalities i add, it takes one to know one.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

ADHA MUBARAK from Lebanon to our muslim RE members .....
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    never did go for religion in a big way - I now know why

Still don't understand why Jesus made copius amounts of WINE available though when the 9 fish fed thousands in the bible stories and they still do Communion in the Catholic church with wine? Is it really illegal?
    In the Catholic church the WINE does not stand for the WINE itself , in the holy ceremony the holy spirit will go into the WINE and transform it to the BLOOD of the Lord who sacrified himself for us on the cross. So for beleivers it isn't WINE what is used but it's the BLOOD of the saver what they use. As Jesus did in the easter dinner , he said to his followers , eat this bread , it's my Body which will be sacrified for you , drink (the wine) it's my BLOOD which will be sacrified for you ... so the Catholic church does that as an act not as a memory in the holy ceremony and do beleive that the bread and wine are transformed to the body and blood of the savor.

And hehehe , for if it was legal or illegal ..... hehehe maybe the goverments should ask itself before thinking of this issue is making legal things that aren't even natural legal , maybe you should think about some goverments who legalized the same sex marriage before thinking about if what you noted is legal or not.

Regards and respects

Botrous
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Boutros

Eid was indeed very full of joy this year

Thank you for your kind good wishes

Thumbs up Re: Hari Raya Haji

Quote Originally Posted by abdulazman
    Appreciate it Corfreth.
    Are you clebrating it too.
    Sorry..brudder..I'm not a muslim.
    But again, as you know, Singapore is a multi-racial country and it's a public holiday here.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulazman
    Corfreth,
    Do you have anything to do with CBS?
    Does this company exist or has they shutdown?
    Azman,
    I have no idea what is CBS stand for, please elaborate,tks..

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    Boutros

Eid was indeed very full of joy this year

Thank you for your kind good wishes
    Welcome Abe , glad to hear it was full of joy , hope it will be like this and much more joyfull in the futur...

Reading the posts below I decided to express my point of view of the drinking thing , it has been mentioned in the posts in a way that the Catholic church uses wine and frank was questioning about if that is legal ......... I think I already cleared the point....
    Now for drinking or not drinking that is a mans choice , In Christianity , Islam and jewdeisme. In Islam drinking is forbidden and it's for a reason, the Islam is a respectful religion and a style of living but if a muslim drinks that does not mean that he isn't a muslim anymore ..... ok if we want to judge like this .... God said in the old testement don't (donno what's the exact translation) "make sex" can you make it in a "moderate way" and yet still say that you follow Gods will..... In Christianity the Lord wants love and charity , are you doing this even in a moderate way ?
    so please guys don't judge upon religion , leave what is for God to God and what's for cesar to cesar.
    The only scale to judge people in the new world which is a multicultural , multi religion world is the way the human behave infront of the law and how he acts respecting the general rules of good behaviour and for how much humanity he has in his personality , those 3 things are the resume of the religion in a civilised world.

Respects and regards

Quote Originally Posted by Cofreth
    Happy Hari Raya Haji to those muslim member in the forum..
    Or possibly not it would seem, would this be the same haji that was on the news last night when 240 people were crushed to death in a bizzare stone throwing incident?
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Hi Abe . . . . my post wasn't a reply to you , but to some other members that I felt they are making some kind in a kind of irony for a religion . . . . anyway i just wanted to clear my point of view . . .

Life is short enjoy

Respects and regards

Just for the record - I was not being disrespectful to anyone. Being confused is not the same as disrepectful.

I have no views in either direction when it comes to religion. People are free to believe what they will but for me it doesn't pull my chain.

Nice explanations though from some members.

Aiyub,

Niether was I , so don`t try and make out that I was.

I was not brought up with religion so all this is new. Just because I asked about a part of your religion, that doesn`t mean I was being dissrespectful.

All I was saying is that you can have one without the other.

i.e. you can have a drink without being an alchoholic

you can get married without being a slapper.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Hi corfreth n u gangs,
    Corfreth
    CBS - mean Corfreth Building Services.
    My,my how things had evelope for the last 3 days. So many things that have been said about religion. I believe everybody has the right to do what he wants to and believe what he wanted to. No question asked. But I see a d**k head here expressing his views on some other religion. Why 240 pilgrims died for nothing? Then answer this, why must everyone dies?
    In my opinion death has his own reason, should everyone frm the past sustained till the presence, this world would be over populated. And people like you and I will not be in the position we are now. Maybe vagrant or worst maybe scumbag, coz everyone will hold onto his position n never leave his post. Think with the brain and not with the 'D' head.
    Life's short, try make the best out of it.
    God bless you guys.

Boutros

I know you werent telling me,

But I spoke to you because it seems you the only one who has the sense and manners to respect some one elses religion, that isnt their own.

Thank you for that

Abe
    Thanks Abe . . . . .

But, Abe, respect is respect and manners are manners. If someone is conveying respect merely out of good manners then they are not being respectful, they are being polite.
    Respect is respect and manners are manners , anyone can disrespect another with politness and that can be called diplomaty and being diplomatic . . . . so respect is respect and manners are manners.... to be polite doesn't mean you have to respect ...... but to respect impose that you be polite.....

Just for the record - I was not being disrespectful to anyone. Being confused is not the same as disrepectful.

I have no views in either direction when it comes to religion. People are free to believe what they will but for me it doesn't pull my chain.

Nice explanations though from some members.
    Thanks for clarifying Frank , and welcome for the explanations if you were pointing at me

Respects and best regards mates

Botrous

Talking Re: Hari Raya Haji

Lol, you are equivocating, Botrous. Swapping between two different senses of "respect" (and "respect"). What you say does not contradict what I say. What you say is merely an observation on the nature of the meaning of words
    Never said I'm condratidicting with you . . . . I was trying to say that Is That I Do Respect The Others Because I Respect Them NOT Because of Poltiness . . . . . . . . .

anyways , how are you doing ?

Respects and regards

Anyways , life is short enjoy . . . . . . . . . .

CharlieChiller Guest

hey how comes i cant get a job is it coz i got a muslim name... coz i've applied at about 30 places not even one reply......

hi charlie
    it maybe you cant get a job , because there may not be a job around birmingham that suits your qualifications or expreience , i dout its got anything to do with your name
    good luck trying to get a job

Hi, CharlieChiller

Welcome to RE forums...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieChiller View Post
    hey how comes i cant get a job is it coz i got a muslim name... coz i've applied at about 30 places not even one reply......
    I do not believe that your Muslim name is a reason to not get even one replay to your applications.

I am in this business for many years, working mostly with ammonia (lack of engineers all around the world in this field), but also not receive any replay (and I have not a Muslim name) to my applications...

You must be patient (I know it is not easy) and one day you will get a good job. Do not give up, I wish you a good luck to find a job..

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi CharlieChiller welcome

My honest opinion is that it is possible that some people got as far as your name and read no further. This is the level that some people work at
    Please bear in mind that we spend a third of our waking lives at work and that is a long time to be somewhere that you are not respected or liked (speaking from experience) We live in an imperfect world but i think it is getting better
    I would think that the bigger companies would have a more even employment policy. It would be worth talking to local wholesalers as they often are the first to hear when someone is looking for an engineer.
    Try sending you CV to local companies, they may keep you in mind for when they need someone.
    What are you qualified to work on? just curious!

Good luck in finding employment.

Jon