Cool What is the smallest and lightes compressor out there 1/4-1/5 for use with R134a

Hi guys Im looking for the smallest compressor I could find for an aplication where i have very little space. I need between 1/4 to 1/5 HP and must use R134a. And if it couldnt get whorse I need it in 110vac 220vac and 12-24vdc

Thanks,Dave

Re: What is the smallest and lightes compressor out there 1/4-1/5 for use with R134a

Check with Embraco.
    Do you mean that the compressor will run on on all these different voltages? Cause if so, you better stop searching, there is no compressor (to my best knowledge) that runs on ac and dc.

Re: What is the smallest and lightes compressor out there 1/4-1/5 for use with R134a

Quote Originally Posted by davhaz View Post
    Hi guys Im looking for the smallest compressor I could find for an aplication where i have very little space. I need between 1/4 to 1/5 HP and must use R134a. And if it couldnt get whorse I need it in 110vac 220vac and 12-24vdc

Thanks,Dave
    there is a hell of a lot of difference between 1/5th & 1/4 compressors and what they are capable of. What are you going to use it in ? CF ?. If its space then why dont you use R600A which is more efficient and quieter.

Bryan

Danfoss make some small DC comps, the could run direct (via their control box) or from the mains via a converter to feed their controller.

Start with the cooling duty you require, then look to see what compressors are suitable rather than starting with the compressor.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Embraco made some rotary compressors around 1/4 hp that were only available through whirlpool. They were smaller than a normal compressors of the same horse power. They were used on large domestic fridge freezers with the doors side by side and they were available in 110v and 230v but I'm not sure about DC

This may work for your application.http://www.aspencompressor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUDE View Post
    This may work for your application.http://www.aspencompressor.com/

These compressors require a particular PCB controller also so it may make it uneconomical. The embraco ones are also inverter compressors.

dependent on the capacity of what you either want to cool or freeze depends on what size you need. Why only R134a as its a crap refrigerant.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by R600A View Post
    Why only R134a as its a crap refrigerant.

Bryan
    Why is R134a a crap refrigerant?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I reckon that these little babies are the smallest that I know of.....

http://www.appliancedesign.com/ext/r..._9-28-2011.pdf
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Why is R134a a crap refrigerant?
    Im not sure either...I didnt know S#*t needed to be Refrigerated

Time to look at TEC!!!!!!!

I have just been looking at 1/12th hp on line think you can get 1/16th, what do you want to do?

Hi Dave, SECOP can do it, best regards Claus Jensen - Danfoss Technical Support Refrigeration, need help? My mail is cbj@danfoss.com
    I attach SECOP data scheet selector.
    http://www.secop.com/data-sheet-sele...tml?fontsize=1

great got agood concept and idea i will consider it in future thankyou for such post