Thread: Emerson E2E

Lightbulb Emerson E2E

Have issue with communications on emerson e2e on two jobs, same installation (never had this problem with previous e2 controller on same installation)
    controller drops of line every couple of weeks
    transmit errors seem to build up and then controller eventually reboots causing problems
    tried all reccomended problem solving issues etc
    We have three racks in supermarket and this only happens on low temp rack which has 485,modbus and echelon and ethernet all hanging of it
    both medium temp racks only have 485, modbus and ethernet and are not experiencing any issues
    help required

Re: Emerson E2E

Is there a Variable Frequency Drive close by? I have had the same issue and was told it was due to the frequency changes? They sent me shielded CAT-5 cables to install and see if the cures it. Should be installing next week and will let you know the results.

Thanks Coorsman777
    Thought it was only me ( Going nuts over this)
    We have installed sheilded cat 5 weeks ago and made no difference
    At this stage we think we have narrowed it down to the echelon network (Think)????
    We are trying all different senarios as we speak and will keep in touch

Cheers

With echelon network from repeater card un plugged our transmit errorrs stop
    We plug one echelon line for the super heat EX3 controllers and transmit errors are all ok but plug approx 50% of case controllers in in and transmit errors start increasing and plug second case control line in, 100% of case controllers and transmit errors increase at a faster rate
    We have obviously terminated all end of lines and have correct resistance value across echelon cabling at E2E (approx 58ohms)
    We also have less than 20 nodes (case controllers) and less than 200mtr run (600ft) approx as per addendum released in february this year (was previously 64 nodes and approx 1300mtr (4000ft) why this change so dramaticly ????????
    We also have correct echelon cable and have since earthed all network 0v sheilds at E2E and at each node (case controllers) as per bulletin found on net
    Today we run new cable from plant room to first case controller on each run in case interfearence through roof was issue but this made no difference.

Is this a Wollies job?
    Fridgy Dave
    regular poster

Join DateJan 2009LocationSydneyAge32Posts56 Rep Power4

Re: Woolworth's Buy Austral Refrigeration

I bet Woolies wont be offering the same money that City is paying, we just all have to boycote working for them

If not Wollies or Collies some of us would be more willing to submit ideas. Just protecting our conditions for the future.

I have no Echelon on my network what soever. I have RS-485 and Mod-Bus. I do know how to disable the alarm and keeping from filling up alarm log if you are interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coorsman777 View Post
    I have no Echelon on my network what soever. I have RS-485 and Mod-Bus. I do know how to disable the alarm and keeping from filling up alarm log if you are interested though.
    I know of some one on another job with E2 where alarm logs eventually fill up and alarms wiil not reset themselves once logs are full

This info would be handy

For your issue you could check a couple of these items which you may or may not have done already

1. Check T1 terminal if you have emerson drive is earthed to frame
    2. Check termination jumpers at emerson drive that only middle termination jumper is terminated as from information gathered the to outside jumpers are for biasing and are only to be terminated at E2 and not in feild
    3. Other information gathered was to disconnect ov sheild at emerson drive if having communication issues ???? sheild earthed

Yes Woolies
    But as you would be aware there is only one person out of pocket for this issue ( the contractor)
    Any help would be helpfull and much appreciated

Any luck with issue

OK
    1 Have you contacted Emerson tech guru in Sydney?
    2 There is a difference between earth and ground.
    3 Has the cable changed there have been big improvements in Lon Cable.
    4 There is a communication problem with either Lon Network (field) could be one device, or the main controller and the Lon.
    5 Could you provide a network map of all - a hand drawn sketch will do.
    6 What is the error massage?

yes, earth and ground are not the same when it comes to echeleon, devices must be grounded to a case frame, building frame, switchboard cabinet , not the earth bar in the Electrical panel. A number of issues can be resolved with correct ground connections.