Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lg Air con

Re: Lg Air con

Hi everyone, never installed LG but heard loads of horror stories, allways stuck with mitsi elec, never had a problem.
    We fitted some vaillant kit recently and i have to say its prety good for the price, not in mitsi league but better than fujitsu. very handy when the customer wants good kit without the mitsi price, good backup & nice people to deal with. Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Powell View Post
    We fitted some vaillant kit recently and i have to say its prety good for the price, not in mitsi league but better than fujitsu. very handy when the customer wants good kit without the mitsi price, good backup & nice people to deal with. Give it a try.
    Isn't that stuff made by Haier? I thought they were like LG but without the quality.
    Sodd's the name...... Law's the game.
    Established 1791 - still going strong.

Vaillant ?!? We have come across them as shorter life gas water heaters - diversification ??? I doubt it - a container-ful you said - no problem - for when - we can fit xxx in for yyy remimbi !!! Sorry if you are from the P.R.C. but there is good, mediochre and rubbish being sold to Europe &... and fools buy it. What does it work like, backup? Spares? Usable manuals?

Momo! please post in English! Ak, ak, ak

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Fleck View Post
    Momo! please post in English! Ak, ak, ak
    I thought his english was pretty good so please don't mock it. This is an international site remember.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    I thought his english was pretty good so please don't mock it. This is an international site remember.
    My thoughts entirely, Brian. His English is probably better than our Spanish.

Dr Fleck, for a new poster, you are coming close to an infraction on day one.

Oophs, i didn't realise he was Spanish. Sorry. Lo siento

I installed 2 LG wall mounts last week, I was doing them with a mate who is not equipped for installations and it wasn't until I agreed that he told me they were LG.

The quality is still very poor, the air handlers still do not clip tight to the wall so with armaflex, pipe, drain pipe and cable there is a 1/4" gap around the bottom edge of the machine and the plastic is so soft the scratches on it already are shocking, overall I would still not touch one for myself with a barge pole.

If you need tech info for LG units got to www.mylg.co.uk and look at the commissioning section or the fault code section. I appreciate all the comments above and take them very seriously. we are working very hard on improving the technical support and training for Lg products toi make everyones life easier. keep posting your questions and hopefully you will be happier with LGs service and quality in the future.
    Last edited by frank; 09-02-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: adjusted url

At long last LG are responding!
    By the way its http://mylg.co.uk
    Have read about sms message system in trade magazine. Not yet investigated rest of site.

The LG commissioning guide has just blown away every demand that Shorts Environmental make as an excuse to not honour warranties, I can see that I can take this further.

LRAC is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Quote Originally Posted by hendrag View Post
    If you need tech info for LG units got to www.mylg.co.uk and look at the commissioning section or the fault code section. I appreciate all the comments above and take them very seriously. we are working very hard on improving the technical support and training for Lg products toi make everyones life easier. keep posting your questions and hopefully you will be happier with LGs service and quality in the future.
    Hi Hendrag

Nice and simple web site just like the units cheap and chearful, a little worried by the com notes about pressure testing and the pressure drop relating to temp and pressure. I thought we used Nitrogen to stop the false leak indication?????

Kind regards
    Lrac

ref the nitro bit. if you pressure test with nitrogen to say 600psi the pressure will be constant assuming no leaks and no temperature change. If the temperature of the system rises you will see an increase in pressure and if it falls the reverse happens.

You see this alot when you pressure test over long periods, try it in summer pump up to 600 in the afternoon when its hot and if you get to site in the morning when its maybee 10 degrees cooler it looks like you loose 20 psi.

ref the cheap and cheerful i agree as you can see im no web designer i will stick to the aircon.

regards

Does anyone know where I can download a Goldstar air conditioner manual for free model GA-1866VHR

Hi I think I will be needing the lg support tel number has anyone got one? midlands area.

Sparrow
    Always easy on the eye.

Hi Cooltechsystems,

I haven't had and trouble with the new R410A art and mirrorcool systems but did have a couple of indoor circuitboard failures on the old R22 one years ago, i think the newer stuff is better.

Why not get yourself on the LG artcool course at slough and see for yourself what you think of the kit and the backup.

Jon

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I think that LG have turned a corner and are now a better unit.

Contact Hendrag for more information on LG and their training courses.
    Last edited by chillin out; 05-06-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Exclamation Re: Lg Air con

LG have enough years of fault testing in the market. Is this not Microsoft marketing. Release product on the market let your customers run test and fault find at their cost.

So are LG any better now or should you ask how much better the other manufactures have improved in the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
    LOL.

Meowww. carefull, Frank may be listening.

It seems once again that Fujitsu is clearly far better than anything else. it's cheapish, and you can install and walk away leaving the end user to power up and chill out.
    Ditto that!

I do love Fujitsu. Customer care, warranty and tech support (when rarely required) keep me coming back every time. I find them very relaible indeed.

Been in the trade since 1995 and would never use LG simply for it's poor reputation and overall cheap build quality. To this day I still have nothing to do with them.

Those trying to defend the brand, should really consider the fact that the damage has been done already (self-inflicted) Surely It's a pointless cause!

LG have turned a corner and are a great product

But Abe... Some of us who installed early models got burned and the only satisfaction I got was doing a "Basil Fawlty" on the one that I had to rip out and replace.

Fool me once.. Shame on you, fool me twice.. Shame on me
    Karl

LRAC is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

In the last 4 months LG have raised there prices way above other decent names like Fujitsu etc.

Never,never,never buy LG

In the last 4 months LG have raised there prices way above other decent names like Fujitsu etc.
    Perhaps thats why the general manager has left LG and moved to Fujitsu a few weeks ago.

We did hear that the Koreans were making massive loss on uk a/c sales. If the Korean LG top brass have decided that they will no longer subsidise the uk a/c sales then contractors might have to start paying the real cost for the kit.

The LG distributors need to make a larger mark up on LG products to cover all the extra problems.So this makes the cost to the contractor even higher.

This type of kit can only sell in the uk if its is very very cheap.
    If its sold at its real cost ,,,, lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hofmann View Post
    But Abe... Some of us who installed early models got burned and the only satisfaction I got was doing a "Basil Fawlty" on the one that I had to rip out and replace.

Fool me once.. Shame on you, fool me twice.. Shame on me
    Im still nervy cos I burnt my fingers too with the 407 kit
    These days I stick with Mitsu and Daikin, touch wood, no probs

Dan1947 Guest

past two years i have been installing lg 4 out of 10 units we have probaly had a problem with back up poor and getting parts is a joke there wll behind other manufacturers we have just started installing mitsi heavy what a difference there spot on.

Oh LG,Oh LG better stick to producing TV set don't mess around with air con world.

Yep the general manager has left and gone to fujitsu, so would you for a 20 grand wage rise.
    no we dont sell at a loss we are making a profit on aircon.
    no we havnt raised the prices, whoever told you that was an idiot, the prices are the same os 2007 if the new discount structure is applied. ref technical support we are still here try ringing us on 08708720791 option 4 and you will be amazed how helpful we are.
    and lastly all the info is on www.mylg.co.uk under fault codes and commissioning.
    If your lg salesman is crap and hasnt told you all this before then please tell me i will be very happy to kick the arses of the lazy *******s .

end of rant

hendrag Technical manager LG

Quote Originally Posted by hendrag View Post
    we are making a profit on aircon.
    Good on you, you must be the only ones making money on LG aircon, they have cost me a fortune. Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing some of your profits to pay for some of my lost time going back to the things..........unexplained water leaks, louvre motors cracking fascia's, leaking discharge pipes, plastics that break soon as you look at them.

Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    Good on you, you must be the only ones making money on LG aircon, they have cost me a fortune. Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing some of your profits to pay for some of my lost time going back to the things..........unexplained water leaks, louvre motors cracking fascia's, leaking discharge pipes, plastics that break soon as you look at them.

Eggs
    Come on, no wonder why most people here don't give out their details. I know a couple of reps here that don't want others to know where the work, just so they avoid attacks like this.
    Does everyone want to go on record and claim responsibility for everything that their works mates did when they worked for a medium company?
    And that's just a medium company where theysaw them every week. How would it be if you worked for a multinational with the factory the other side of the world and you still took the blame for everything that went wrong?
    At the end of the day, the fault lies will the people buying cheap a/cs anyway, you get what you pay for. And if you don't believe that how do you justify that you aren't the cheapest installer? I charge more because of my experience, therefore tell the customer "they get what they pay for", so I'd buy cheap a/cs with the same belief and if I get burnt I should have maybe expected it. Just like If I was the homeowner who saved $300 by getting an a/c installed by the local handyman rather than paying more and getting a refrig tech.

Other brands have the faults you listed too, pana and samsung were notorius for busted louvers, like wise fuji for leaking service valves. All in the past, all have improved, LG probably will too.

edit: If you don't like it move to australia, here you don't have to support what you install. Just throw it in, walk away and it's LGs problem as they supply warranty and labour through contracted service centres
    Installers here make au$700 a day (300 pound?) for three installs a day without ever having to worry about warranty.
    Last edited by paul_h; 19-05-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: you changed to their/they etc

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h

edit: If you don't like it move to australia, here you don't have to support what you install. Just throw it in, walk away and it's LGs problem as they supply warranty and labour through contracted service centres
    Installers here make au$700 a day (300 pound?) for three installs a day without ever having to worry about warranty.
    Now thats a brilliant concept, if brands here give "accredited" installers the right to fit and forget, with a service centre to mop up any calls.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 22-05-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    Come on, no wonder why most people here don't give out their details. I know a couple of reps here that don't want others to know where the work, just so they avoid attacks like this.
    Does everyone want to go on record and claim responsibility for everything that their works mates did when they worked for a medium company?
    And that's just a medium company where theysaw them every week. How would it be if you worked for a multinational with the factory the other side of the world and you still took the blame for everything that went wrong?
    At the end of the day, the fault lies will the people buying cheap a/cs anyway, you get what you pay for. And if you don't believe that how do you justify that you aren't the cheapest installer? I charge more because of my experience, therefore tell the customer "they get what they pay for", so I'd buy cheap a/cs with the same belief and if I get burnt I should have maybe expected it. Just like If I was the homeowner who saved $300 by getting an a/c installed by the local handyman rather than paying more and getting a refrig tech.

Other brands have the faults you listed too, pana and samsung were notorius for busted louvers, like wise fuji for leaking service valves. All in the past, all have improved, LG probably will too.

I absolutely agree that customers always tend to buy a cheaper stuff.Let us not mension prices of a/c let's talk about %. We choose 3.5 wall mount inverter

LG price and Mitsubishi price.What is the difference in % let me know.

We did install Fujitsu units 8 years ago, although good equipment there were a number of call backs for some small problems. Service and back up were good. Decided to go with Daikin the last 8 years. No stupid problems and only a couple of problems in that time.

But since Daikin took over the distributors in the UK 3 years ago service levels have dropped off. Its hard to get someone on the phone. They have a major problem with customer service levels and no one seems to be able (or willing) to make a decision. For manufactures its best to sell through distributors where employees jobs depend on high levels of customer service. If they don't sell they don't have a job! When the manufacture sells direct that link just is not there.

That said the Daikin product is still very good

Hmm Vaillant have been testing their air con units in Germany for the past 3 years before releasing their units into the UK market, i do believe they are offering a two year warranty as well.
    Ask any plumber who are the top manufaturers of domestic boilers etc, Vaillantwill be right up there. With the warranty at least the money is where the mouth is?

The word is that the Vaillant units are made in China.
    Air conditioning contractors were so disgusted with the Haier units that all the distributors who tried to sell them very soon gave up & sent the stock back. Then Haier had to withdraw from the UK market completely.

The advantage Vaillant has is that they will mainly tend to sell to plumbers who have absolutly no idea if the units are good quality or not.

So the Chinees get the products in through the back door re badged.

The real test will be if Vallant can sell these units to the larger established airconditioning contractors who are used to japan quality equipment.

LOL virtually all air con units are made in China! I had a DIY unit that was made by hungchungchongdong, the compressor was Mitsubishi. When did you last look where the components for these air con units were made?
    Danfoss now have all their valves made in China, the pc you are looking at this on was made in china, why the negativity about chinese product? This is how i remember the Japanese stuff started with foreign markets because they are scared of change and competition!

In the 70's we were installing Martair & qualitair split systems with crude electro mechanical controls.
    Then the Japs started selling Tosh Mitsi Daikin cassette units with electronic controls.
    There was simply no comparison between the advanced technology & quality of the Jap stuff & the crude equipment we had been used to.
    So within a very short period of time the Japanese manufacturers came to dominate air conditioning market not because it was cheap but because it was much better.
    Young fellas in the 70's & 80's bought Honda Susuki & Yamaha motorcycles because they were much better than the oily old british bikes & the British motorcycle industry collapsed.

While the Japs made a reputation for producing good quality high tech products the Chinese have always made the cheep poor quality products.

To my knowledge no Chinese manufacturer has yet produced a range of air conditioning products which are more technically advanced & better quality than the current premium quality Japanese products.
    Have the Chinese got better R&D departments which can delevop systems with better COP energy effiency than all the other manufacturers ?
    Is there any Chinese car manufacturer that makes better quality cars than Jags Merks & BMW's ?

Some good old marstair units may still be doing a good job years after Tosh & Mitsu units have been replaced but at least the Japanese kit saved the user a lot of electricity due to the energy saving technolgy developed by the Japanese manufacturers.

Based on what we have seen so far the Chinese equipment is unable to improve on the energy effiency of the Japanese equipment but is not likely to last as long. So no real benifit to purchase except slightly cheaper purchase price.

Japanese didn't invent any car when it was new.
    Japanese didn't invent electronic circuitry back when it was new.
    They excelled in reproduction.
    Most japanese a/c brands get their a/cs assembled in china.
    Chinese excell in reproduction.
    Will the chinese start of with dodgey copies? YES
    Did the japanese start of with dodgey copies? YES
    It's only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    Chinese excell in reproduction.

That is why there is so many of them...

Vaillant do indeed produce very good boilers, they design them themselves because this is what Vaillant are good at... Who designed the Vaillant heat pumps?

Speaking to Worcester Bosch rep the other day and he informed me that WB were introducing air to air Heat Pumps and also air to water Heat Pumps... The design of which was from a US based company, so it is hardly Worcester Bosch quality/ efficiency. I would suggest that the Vaillant kit would be the same
    Karl

Are you really Japanese man?

Quote Originally Posted by Inverter man View Post
    Are you really Japanese man?
    No... I'm a Kraut. And after the sex change operation I'd be pleased if you called me Miss
    Karl

Hmmm Vaillant have been in the climate control business for about 130 years, i would say that they would know a thing or two when it comes to quality, more so than say Japanese telly makers! Does anyone here own a Vaillant TV, DVD or car?
    I completely understand the issues we have with Chinese quality but Vaillant are a German company who as i said early put their money where their mouth is.

1999 125 years of Vaillant – 40 million units supplied. Quality process 'Vaillant Excellence' (since 1996) bears fruit: Vaillant wins the German quality prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vaillant View Post

I completely understand the issues we have with Chinese quality but Vaillant are a German company who as i said early put their money where their mouth is.

Nonetheless, even if the ground source heat pumps are designed in the Fatherland by Vaillant, their air source heat pumps are all made and badged in China, either by HAIER or increasingly by the other Chinese outfit that Vaillant have a "strategic alliance" with.

The name escapes me for the moment.... perhaps PV can remind us?

Thumbs up Re: Lg Air con

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The power of Marketing is the real culprit.

Multinationals use Marketing as a tool for market entry. This is when ill equipped products are launched rapidly into the market without " evolving"

Hence the expenditure of dollars catapulted the brand within a short space of time, using clever strategies, cheap prices, incentives, etc

Multinationals develop a branding, farm out production of virtually everything from cameras to washing machines, and paste their logo onto the product.

The brand is supposed to inbibe confidence in the product. But when you think on it, the brand is meaningless, all it is is an image, a perception which is enhanced by money.

The products are churned out by multiple factory units, who perfect the art of producing for anyone who buys in sufficient numbers to qualify for a brand name to be stuck on it.

Eastern companies have perfected the art of multi nation al operations......

Some do it better than others. In the end the consumers have spoken....
    HEAR-HEAR

Slightly off topic. Congratulations or condolences to our Graham Hendra. Now we are all watching you.

Seriously, best wishes in your new post and well done.

eggs

ltrwebs Guest

Ha ha ha

thanks eggs i will do my best to offer a good service to all. ref Vailiiant i have no comments i thought this string was about LG... Ref making units in China yep we all do it. If anyone has problems with Lg or there supplier please email me its now all my responsibility so all comments are welcome and i will do my best to solve them.

regards

Hendrag
    General Manager LG Airconditioning UK

"You pay for what you get" The most profound statement ever uttered. LG is probably one of the better quality of the "cheaper brands" and that is all it is, cheap a/c YOU WILL HAVE SNAGS (and LG will not be able to tell you why because they are not designed for UK ambient temps end of) If you want to fit and forget then quote for Mitsi,Daikin,Fujitsu,Panasonic etc.

We all seem to be going around in circles here.

But with a technical head at the UK operation rather than a sales, things may change. With not so much of push for sales. I'm sure Graham will support the existing customers.

I just come back from one of mine from about 5 years ago. CH4 fault.
    8kw fixed speed cassette, never been serviced. It was still like brand new, quick clean of the sticking lift pump switch and off she went. I hope it's another five years before i get called back.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say "i'm going to give them another shot" just to see if things have changed.
    Not with an existing customer, just the next one off install enquiry who screws my price down to rock bottom.
    They will be a guinne pig. I will report back.
    While i'm at it i think i'll try one of those Vaillant units aswell.

eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Harvey View Post
    We all seem to be going around in circles here.

But with a technical head at the UK operation rather than a sales, things may change. With not so much of push for sales. I'm sure Graham will support the existing customers.
    And the bottom line is the bottom line.. if the numbers don't add up- he walks..

Multisync
    London

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast