I have been troubleshooting this problem for 10 months now and I'm ready to give up. This is about making an 60 Hz whirlpool appliance imported from America work on 50 Hz in Japan. The dishwasher's control panel is extremely sensitive to the Hz. I've not seen this with anything else ever. Usually the clock simply is off and all appliances work otherwise. But, this won't even power on without 60hz.

I bought a $2300 power converter and plugs into the wall and takes the 100 v and 50 hz input and puts out 115 v and 60 hz. I've used a Kill-A-Watt to measure the Hz real time.

Inevitably, the dishwasher only finishes about 20% of the attempts we try from beginning to end. When it stops, it starts the whole cycle from the beginning. I've taken video of the Kill-A-Watt and when the Hz fluctuates for a micro second from 60 to 57.5, and then back to 60, then dishwasher stops.

This is very frustrating and now I'm considering breaking open the motherboard of the dishwasher and figuring out someway to hack a resistor or something onto it to bypass this 60hz only behavior. Any advice out there please?