Thread: Carel PCOB

tes.tech Guest

Unhappy Carel PCOB

Has any body experienced random alarms with Carel PCOB 000 A21 ?
    The board is in a Thermocold Water Chiller , 2003 , Twin compressor, water cooled condensor.
    The fault = High Pressure Circuit 1, but it only shows after the compressor 1 has cycled off on set point.
    I have checked all the interlocks, I suspected the thermistor as this is in the line but its ok.
    The I/O doesnt show a fault at any time, I spoke with Carel Technical Support who suggested problem with the memory chip, and resetting all parameters ( can do in manufacture section)
    would solve the issue.
    Has any body tried this successfully ?
    I have to travel along way to re visit machine and would feel better if I thought it may work.
    I am currently quoting customer to upgrade controller but would be shame if a simple reset did the trick.

Re: Carel PCOB

Hi
    HP1 is just a digital input, problem is either the HP switch or probably a relay inside your electric panel , all digital input on PCOB are 24Vac, you should have relay between your HP switch and PCOB, check that one first.

Regards,
    Behzad

Hi
    check wiring, it would seem if this only happens when cycling off.
    then some contact is wrong or loose.
    good luck
    THE DEFINITION OF A SMART PERSON IS ONE WHOM LEARNS FROM HIS MISTAKES!!!

I have the same problem. AL013 High Pressure Circuit 2(Thermocold AWA ANERSAVE II 2310 ZC SE B; R407; PCO1 Carel controller). The wiring is OK. Pressure relays: Johnson controls P100CP-1 CO 300Psi(20 Bar) CI 400(27 Bar) with automatic reset. The pressure in the system 2 is 7.5 Bar but relay is closed(it should be closed if the pressure rise 27 bar). Thus the problem is in pressure relay maybe