gram gsv 50 screw compressor

hi friends im rebuilding a gram gsv 50 screw machine and i need a service manual. If any body has one i would be grateful for a copy.thankyou

Re: gram gsv 50 screw compressor

Hi Ghaz

I sent you an Email 4 days ago with 2 files attached
    - the equivalence between Gram and Frick compressors
    - the manual for TDSH compressors

you didn't get it?

hi cricri im sorry i didnt get back to you, i did recieve the email but my compressor is different looking then the tdsh machine

Hi folks
    I know this post is a month old but just to advise.
    Gram did not print any overhaul or rebuild manuals. They only printed operating manuals (if you need one I should have something) The Gram GSV 50 is similar to the frick TDSH163S with the difference being the Frick has the suction on the top and the Gram on side. If you still need some information on the rebuild I can probably help, we have overhauled many. Regards Denis

hi friends im rebuilding a gram gsv 50 screw machine and i need a service manual. .Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by adicintio View Post
    hi friends im rebuilding a gram gsv 50 screw machine and i need a service manual. .Thank you
    Gram did not supply service manuals. The GSV 50 is very similar in construction to the Frick TDSH163s.
    The bearing assemblies are slightly different and the frick has a rotary potentiometer at the end of the slide for capacity while the GRAM has one at the side. If you need some specific information please ask. If you intend to open this compressor remember to remove both capacity and volume indicator rods from the side of the compressor before removing the slide valve, otherwise you will have a lot of trouble. After that you may need to make some tools to remove the "castle" nuts on the shaft of each screw.

thank you for your answer, unfortunately I'm removing the compressor, but I found the broken bearing on the drive shaft that is connected to the engine. This has caused the displacement of the screw which is fused onto the rear. I would need the service manual also flirc to order parts. thanks (ps I am Italian and use google translator sorry if the translation is not accurate)

As I said you will not find a service manual. If the screw has fused to the rear (suction) end then if you can remove it without too much damage you may be able to save the unit. The sealing end with the tight clearance is on the front (discharge end).

stiamo lavorando per togliere la protezione, dalla parte del cassetto, del cuscinetto della vite di trasmissione (fusa) poi accederemo al cuscinetto posteriore dove credo di trovare la parte in ottone fusa con l'albero della vite. una volta tolta la vite che ha consumato la sede posteriore della sede dovrò riempirla xke ha mangiato oltre 3 millimetri. poi mi preoccupa dove posso trovare i pezzi di ricambio.

we are working to remove the protection on the side of the drawer, bearing lead screw (merged) then we access the rear bearing where I find the brass merged with the screw shaft. when you remove the screw that has consumed the seat back of the seat I have to fill xke ate more than 3 mm. then I worry about where I can find spare parts.

you can order parts from johnson controls. You can also order bearings directly from SKF and O-rings from a local supplier. After that all you need are the shims to set the clearance on the shaft. No need to change the seals in the loading system.

No need to change the seals in the loading system.

Rebuilt over 200 of the Gram units from GSV50 to GSV263. would only touch the loading seals if the unit was having problems before the service. The frick model is easy to do as the teflon material seal is split. Not so easy on the Gram. If the loading system was working ok I would suggest leaving it alone until it does give problems. Why try to fix it if its not broken.

hello tomorrow or the next day smonterò screw melted and see the damage. regarding the gasket load will check well that is intact and then advise me what to do. thank you very much for the help you are giving me.

You 200 Gram screw compressors??, advise not to change the gasket regulation, ok, your job is slapdash

Ive only built 1 gram and i change the unloading seals they were hard but i put them in hot oil and then i pull them over the pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by GHAZ View Post
    i change the unloading seals they were hard but i put them in hot oil and then i pull them over the pistons.
    That's impressive Gaz!
    You will be telling me it was hot whale oil next! (Joke)
    That's an old trick that I certainly had forgotten about.

Josef.
    I am with you on your query, having built over 200 comps and not advocating changing the seals.
    Is strange?
    Maybe that's why there have been 200 in the first place?

None of us are to old to learn eh!
    Grizzly

Ghaz, help hot water, comfortable handling.
    Grizzly, OK, great work is a priority

Hi grizzly it was cod liver oil with omega 3 for flexability

Quote Originally Posted by GHAZ View Post
    Hi grizzly it was cod liver oil with omega 3 for flexability
    And who was it that said "Ours" was not a healthy lifestyle.
    I actually read a manual once that said heat the bearing to? with whale oil.
    Mind that was back in the days when they used to advocate purging to atmosphere.
    i know of oil filter O rings that will split or have bits sliced off of them.
    If you don't use plenty of silicone grease.
    So lubrication still applies today.
    Maybe that's what is meant by quantitative easing?
    Grizzly

good evening, after several attempts I was unable to remove the screw. I broke the bearing and I pulled the rollers but the screw is merged with walnut back and does not come off. I practically throw the compressor!?

Josef.
    I am with you on your query, having built over 200 comps and not advocating changing the seals.
    Is strange?
    Maybe that's why there have been 200 in the first place?

None of us are to old to learn eh!
    Grizzly[/QUOTE]

All in our company were trained by GRAM technicians in their factory in Vojens In Denmark as we were agents for Gram.
    We have also worked with Gram technicians on the field and they never replaced the seals on the slide valves unless there was a problem with the loading system. Yes we have overhauled over 200 of these and yes some of them were more than once, but only after 40,000 hours between service. Never had a problem with loading seals after a service. I guess following the manufacturers instructions is not good enough for some people.

Sgull, I trust you, I understand your advice, but I can not agree with you.
    If you are a really experienced such as we write here, if you see jistš as advise-keep seals, do a lot of other issues that will have a lot of financial consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Sgull, I trust you, I understand your advice, but I can not agree with you.
    If you are a really experienced such as we write here, if you see jistš as advise-keep seals, do a lot of other issues that will have a lot of financial consequences.
    Josef
    Again it is not my advice, it is the recommendation of the manufacturer.
    The reason they recommend not changing the seals in the field is that for the first few years they had a 90% return rate on seals being damaged while being changed. This is even more of a problem with this compressor as the GSV 50 is the smallest in this range. The smaller the seal the more prone to damage. Most damage is actually on the internal cylinder seals and not the external. The external seals can be heated and expanded (as described above) the internal ones are much more difficult. After about 2 years of replacing these seals to customers who damaged them, GRAM advised all agencies to replace the seals ONLY when the loading system gives trouble and to purchase the expensive assembly kit from them. I see this as being good advice from the manufacturer as you can easily remove the slide from this compressor at any time without removing the bearings.
    A normal service on this machine consists of replacing the 6 bearings and all internal o-rings, shaft seal and setting rotor clearance. The lifetime of the slide valve seals is much longer than the 30-40K hours between service intervals.

Sorry, I can not agree with you

Hi internal seals are the easy one because you make a figure B by pushng 1 side in and then put it in the hole . push them out and flaten or roll them out with a round bar about 10mm, and their done, the hardest i found was putting the housing over the piston with new seal ,it took me about 2hrs

we repaired the compressor 50 gram gsv but after re-installed after an hour it was seized again, that takes tolerances between the screw and the cover?