Hotpoint FFS90 Freezer only cooling to -2, but Fast Freeze works OK

Alarm came on my Hotpoint FFS90 fridge/freezer because temperature in freezer compartment had risen to -2. Took out trays and back panel and cleaned out the drain (somehow filled with dog hairs - how did they get in there!).

But when switched on again, same problem. Cools to around -4 then warms up to 02 and alarm comes on.

But if I press the Fast Freeze button, it cools fine down to -18 (but of course Fast Freeze only stays on for around 24 hours).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it likely to be one of the thermistors I spotted behind the back panel? If so, does anyone know any suitable replacements (I can't find these listed on any of the spare parts websites.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Hotpoint FFS90 Freezer only cooling to -2, but Fast Freeze works OK

Quick update. in the end called fixed price service repair. First chap came and replaced controller board. Did not fix problem.

Second chap checked refrigerant level and it was emptyish. He said the over time the anti-condensation loop leaks. But because it is embedded in foam during manufacture it is just about impossible to replace. His fix was to bypass that loop and recharge. Seems to be working fine now.

Re: Hotpoint FFS90 Freezer only cooling to -2, but Fast Freeze works OK

Thanks for the update! Shame build quailty is rubbish nowadays...
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)