Lightbulb Make a Flush Unit

Hi, the thing is normally we cleand evaporators and piping systems, due the fact the compressor burn down.

Usally we use standart thinner, compresed air.
    We convert an a non-refilable bottle of refrigerant in to a "syringe " whith a funnel and a valve rigth behind it. All is made in the old and reliable galvanized steel cleaned and brazed to a nice strong joint. A standar air quick hose adaptor to use the pressurized air to "push" the liquid into to the pipings.

But this system is slow and usually we get much of the vaporized thinner in The cold room. And we need to carry a source of compressed air.

So for avoid this, am thinking in assemble a nice unit to clean systems:

1.- Pupm. A nice pump for this operation will be a persitaltical pump with an electric motor.

2- Filters. Due to the nature of the contaminats, in this phase will be only about to remove debirs and small particles. Fine mesh filters.

4.- Piping, the machine must have a nice pipe system thath allows pump fresh solvent from a container and recive the dirty solvent into another container. And in a point of the cleaning, cycle the solvent.

5.- Control.- It would be really nice control must allow to, completly fill the pipe, or evaporator and then reverse the flux of the solvent, a bi-directional cleaning is more efective from my point of view.

I know, i know the air is bad for the system, the moisture is bad for it... bottom line, like we usually remove the filter driers and the compresor is being replaced for a brand new. There is no much to protect in there.

So once the system will be flushed, and old N2 will evap the solvent, and once the instalation is complete, a nice deep vaccum to assure and very dry system. Re charge the refrigerant, and lets go.

I would like to listen some thougths about this idea.
    I will make a nice 3d model for you, to see in a while.

Add on.- Solvent destilation. Its important to retrive the most of the solvent used and re-use it.
    But this will be a separate aparatuss.

Kind Regards.

Re: Make a Flush Unit

Still it is better to use Nē to flush then compressed air.

Ice

N2 does not remove the contaminants (oils+acid). If you do not remove oils, you won't get rid of the moisture or water, as you cannot evaporate it because oils remain above the water.

regards,

Nando.

Yeah well the whole idea is to fill the evaporator (for example) and make the solvent circulate in one direction, for a while, then invert the flow and keep this way for another while. Once its finish the pump must retrive the mayority of the solvent in to the recipient, and then make the gravity, or the air pressure to remove the remains from the coils, the solvent will be know saturated whit oil, lackers and debirs, so the air will push out the system, and once this will performed, and the air already have evaporate the solvent, fill the system whit the old and trusty N2, make it flow to the atmosfere, and the perform the best vaccum ever.

Well this is the main idea. Whath do you think?

I think you should invest in Nando's rig ,Tried and tested
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Ahmmm I cant found it on google... do you have a litte more information???

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLPD View Post
    It looks good but very expensive!!

http://www.fri3oilsystem.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLPD View Post
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fri3Oil System View Post
    N2 does not remove the contaminants (oils+acid). If you do not remove oils, you won't get rid of the moisture or water, as you cannot evaporate it because oils remain above the water.

regards,

Nando.
    Precisely the point i made a while ago, in another thread regarding moisture trapped by oil. Memory is not so good on this Sunday afternoon to recall the thread unfortunately.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Interested to know what solvents people use I have used metholated spirits flushed with nitrogen - with no obvious
    problems

I used standar thinner, but jus for the pipings, usually we changue the compressor. But I start to make oils changes for operational compressor, so... what type of solvent would be good in here???
    Soo a picture of someone using, Pentane... I dont know... May attack the lack of the motor windings.

Ta da.

The best "solvent" is actually the same refrigerant the system uses, as it is already miscible and solluble with the oil. If you make cycles of injection and suction in a closed circuit, you will be able to remove all contaminants without using any consumables.

Regards,

Nando.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri3Oil System View Post
    The best "solvent" is actually the same refrigerant the system uses, as it is already miscible and solluble with the oil. If you make cycles of injection and suction in a closed circuit, you will be able to remove all contaminants without using any consumables.

Regards,

Nando.
    Refrigerant is far too expensive in Australia to use as a cleaner, even the solvent available from refrig suppliers is very expensive ....love to know what others have used?

Quote Originally Posted by RBM View Post
    Refrigerant is far too expensive in Australia to use as a cleaner, even the solvent available from refrig suppliers is very expensive ....love to know what others have used?
    Not if you re-use it afterwards. The goal is to use the same refrigerant of the existing plan. After the cleaning processm the refrigerant is normally re-used, either in the same installation, burn out case, or in a different one, case of R22 retrofit.

Its like a recicling unit you may say? ... A separate compressor and evaporator, am guessing with its own filter and strainers for the raw particles... And the same machine clean the refrigerant... Like destilating it?? or how get rid of the air, or another non condesables... and the lacks and muds??
    Ta-da

There are 2 concept: on one hand, the refrigerant gets recycled every time it passes through the machine(by a simple distillation), on the other, the system removes all contaminants from the installation: oils, acids, water and other substances.
    Non condensables are eliminated in a different way, which has nothing to do with the cleaning itself of the installation.
    The mud is dissolved with the refrigerant and gets trapped in a liquid separator. Solid particles will just get blocked in a filter out of the machine.

Regards,

Nando.

O I see, so you flood the system for speaking, with the refrigerant to make a high flow current, to get out the mud and the dirt.... So All the the contaminats can be traped in the filters, or strainers on the machine itself.
    Its a very interesting idea... the machine has to be exlusive for one refrigerant (I usually work on R-22, R410, R134) So am assuming the machine has the capability to this refrigerants... and... lets say ... for a Maneurop 4.4 Kw or a 5HP unit... The aproximatly cleaning time??? and includes the vaporator, the condenser and the compressor body as well??? So at the end of the celaning cycle there is no oil on the system rigth? all the oil, even the compressors one, has left the system?

Thanks.
    Alejandro

It took us 2 yrs of development and a great human and economic effort to release our cleaning system. It does effectively clean the entire installation. Even though we patented it in many countries, Mexico included, it would be just difficult to follow everyone who tries to copy our patent, but, independently, I guess you do not expect to get all the hints to build your own device from us
    Yes, at the end of the process, the whole circuit is free of oils and acids.

regards,

Nando.

Dont worry I will not make a copy of your system... I dindt have the time or ecconomic effort. =D

Just for know more precisly whath you system does.

And just for curiostity how much this sistem cost?? Aqui en Mexico?

Thank you.

I am not worried it would cost you much more to develop a system than buying an existing one. In any case, this is not the place to talk about prices. My contact details are on my profile and website, it is quite easy to find me.

Regards,

Nando.