Compressor cutting out

Hello, I have a Staycold SD1140 display fridge that was in a shop that I've just bought. There was no fuse in the plug so I thought it would work properly. It lights up and the compressor kicks in and the fan works but the compressor cuts out after a few seconds. A few more seconds later it has another go but cuts out again. According to the circuit diagram, there does not seem to be any relays or electronics, just a part abbreviated to "THERM". I don't need the fridge and would have sold it if it worked ok. I would welcome any suggestions what would be wrong and how much it should cost roughly to repair, if viable. I am in Cornwall. Best regards, John. p.s. sorry if I've posted in the wrong place

Re: Compressor cutting out

get a fridgie to look at it, sounds like it cycles on low pressure.

I don't think most stay cold self contained comes with LP or HP from factory. They work by miracles. Worst fridge ever come accross better Husky

Cool Is Good

Possibly cycling on Klixon Thermal overload, could be as simple as a faulty start relay or capacitor or at worst a dead compressor.

Comps going off on high amps, try replacing comp electrics first if that doesn't work then the comp will need changing.