Anyone worked for Mitie

Hi Guys

My friend has asked me if i know anyone who has worked for Mitie on the HVAC side and if so what are they like to work for, i dont know anyone directly so thought i would ask on here.
    is there much overtime? working conditioning? company benefits? management teams?

Thanks

Re: Anyone worked for Mitie

STAY AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING FOR NUMPTY'S wage is rubbish,managements rubbish,work a 50 hour week for 40 hours pay.more concerned about changing light bulbs

Leegally

I know all about Mitie , not as bad as jonjon says but thing are changing !

Working for them, they always seemed a bit unprofessional in there approach to Refrigeration and Air Con.

To answer your questions

Hours per week was 40 but you gave them 1/2hour in the morning and 1/2hour at the end of the day.
    Overtime was Ok, but last month due to a lack of work the 18 A/C.refrig engineers in the Midlands were handed a risk of redundancy notice.
    Out of the 18 engineers they were after 5 V.Rs, which I think they got because some of the guy just went and got better jobs at other companies!
    My source says that the overtime is now very difficult to get and it has to be arranged with managers etc
    Company benefits - vehicle tracker because the company has your welfare in mind at all times !

bobjob

Numpty isn't the word! Like jonjon says more concerned with changing light bulbs and trying to look good in a uniform whilst filling out loads of paper work. I didn't know that they'd kept that name on as their always changing it. I worked for a similiar company called Willmott Dixon Maintenance and they were exactly the same. I think all facilities companies are like that now, they just want glorified care takers.

When I worked as a sparky, I subbed for another company in Leeds who had a maintenance contract with the Mitie office in Leeds. All the arseholes in the office ever did all day was slag everyone off who worked on the tools and complained about everything I did behind my back. "The Office" tv series came to mind whilst being there, everyone thought they were either David Brent or Gareth.

So unless your mate is absolutely desperate, tell him to stay where he is!
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Hi Legally, where is your friend based, which Mitie is he interested in? TFM(Dalkia), Built Enviroment, Maintenance, Property Services, there are probably more, they are all very different.
    In the words of David Byrne, Well...How did I get here?

Thanks guys

The reviews dont sound great tbh, he is based in the North West and im not sure what side he was looking at working under.
    I will pass on the info any more would be great

If he,s happy with toilet seats ,door handles and light bulbs he,ll be ok but what i,ve seen of sites mitie look after there won,t be much aircon work done.

The biggest problem is the management about a year and half ago had a restructure joined lighting with m+e.Then basically got rid of all the hvac managers only to use lighting managers. Asking electrical questions was bad enough to mention a/c and refrigeration forget about it. The paperwork is crazy 5 hours work 3 hours paperwork also the areas of work 1 engineer might cover a 100 mile radius. So summing up till they learn how to run a/c contracts tell your friend to say well clear,anyone can change a lightbulb it takes a engineer to fix a fridge.