Which one should I use?

IMAG0294.jpgIMAG0292 (1).jpgIMAG0331.jpgIMAG0330.jpg

Hi Everyone,
    I have a bit of dilemma, and haven't received a few completely different opinions on what to do.
    I am looking to setup a cooler, and have all of the equipment pictured. (from two different used setups.) I have a fresh produce business, and the cooler will be 10' x 10', with fairly old panels so the insulation value is probably not fantastic. This is an indoor setup, and is climate controlled in warm months, so ambient temperature is right around 20C.
    Any opinions on which equipment would be best suited?

Re: Which one should I use?

Best advice we can give you over the internet?

Find a local refrigeration engineer that you can trust and ask for his/her advice. There is no way we can tell you which unit is the most likely to last by just looking at pictures, sorry.

Or, if it's mission critical, get both systems installed and recommissioned. That way if one fails you got backup...

10' x 10' seems a very low roofed room, think you might struggle to fit any produce in.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    10' x 10' seems a very low roofed room, think you might struggle to fit any produce in.
    My mistake - 8 Ft height. so 10 x 10 x 8

Storage of fresh fruit and veges , the humidity level is high and critical control is in selecion of evap and condensing unit combination. Otherwise you will have a high spoilage rate. What temp do you want to control room at?.
    Follow the Vikings advice and ask local refrig tech for guidence.
    A rough guide is to calcuate the outside surface area including floor, in square feet , multiply that by 16 and result is average BTU rating cooling required. Nominal 8320 btu's /hr @ 10' x 10' x 8 ' for a +40 'F room. Don'T hold me to it though.

Buy new. In my experience any money you save on installing used equipment is lost because the equipment reaches end of life faster and you are paying to install a different one again. Ie... if you put in used say 10 years old, average life expectancy is 20 years. You may have to pay for different equip and another install and installing used is no cheaper than new. If you put in new only have to pay install once in the 20 years and the maintenance and operating costs are cheaper due to the fact your equipment is designed for you specific use. Sorry...long winded, hope it makes sense and helps.