REFCOM POST AUDIT, PEDANTIC I KNOW, BUT LIKE TO KNOW 100% correct procedure

REFCOM AUDIT BY POST......PEDANTIC I KNOW, BUT LIKE TO KNOW 100% CORRECT WAY

Refcom ask for... 3 service reports incuding gas added or subtracted.

1. OVER 3KG. On my (copy of defra ) forms, if the "leak test" column is "satis" "date" "eng", I have been leaving the gas added or subtracted blank, as commonsense says none needed.

Is it ok to leave these boxes blank, or the correct way to fill in these boxes gas added "none" "date" recovered "none" "date"?????????

Opinions please.

2. UNDER 3KG

Depending on the cost of service and result required with customer, the service report can be as little as notes on the invoice... dirty filters water leak dirty coils etc, though as good practice we carry out a leak test anyway, but under 3kg isnt it exactly my decision how much information I record?. Comments please.

New instal under 3kg

since guages are connected for torr test, and gas released into pipe to bring pressure to just above atmospheric, then guages disconnected, does this mean we should be calling back within one month to verify no leaks? to my knowledge no one is doing this, but re reading the legislation it seems to need this... comments please.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: REFCOM POST AUDIT, PEDANTIC I KNOW, BUT LIKE TO KNOW 100% correct procedure

I always complete any service forms that have blanks with NF (not fitted) NA (not applicable) etc so that it is shown that I have read the form.

CORGI or now Gas Safe are particular in that respect and I expect Refcom et al will begin to go that way also.

Under 3kg and a 'leak test' box on my service report will either get a NA, if it was over 3kg and a test has been done then it gets a YES. Allowing for an annual test means that if you are on a 6 monthly visit then the box would get an NA entry.

I think that the gauges question does not constitute a system leak so no return visit required.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

the gauges bit- if youve installed or repaired a system, you will have pressure tested to proove the system is sound, so this will be added to the leak test section, and removing ur gauges and leak test the gauge fitting to again prove ok.
    we had a refcom audit, and they wanna know the ins/out out everything, anything you havent done they will highlight this and then you know how to complete the paperwork to their recommendations

Hi instal monkey thanks helpfull comments.
    with over 3kg I am absolutely clear what to do, with under 3 have been using commonsence, seem strange a system with 2.9kg has completely diferent treatment from 3kg.

So for under 3kg, do you produce any log at installation, do you interpret the legislation as actually legally not required? Under 3kg pressure test and torr test records not legally required? If a customer calls us with no cooling, and we find the gas charge gone, what is the paperwork required to rectify, legally, ... defra info just seems to say "make best efforts to avoid gas leakage".... Over 3kg regulations are absoutely clear but under doesnt seem to be.

the f**king gas police want us to produce records for each peice of equipment even that under 3kg to then produce charts/graphs for each site with total site gas volume, total gas lost over the year, and this counts even if a subby does work on a mitsi city multi, pumps it down and the valves pass whilst he's removing an indoor and were left to pick up the peices, weigh out the left over gas, vac, measure /calculate the new charge, recomission and then justify to the gas police!
    Quote Originally Posted by gwm121 View Post
    Hi instal monkey thanks helpfull comments.
    with over 3kg I am absolutely clear what to do, with under 3 have been using commonsence, seem strange a system with 2.9kg has completely diferent treatment from 3kg.

So for under 3kg, do you produce any log at installation, do you interpret the legislation as actually legally not required? Under 3kg pressure test and torr test records not legally required? If a customer calls us with no cooling, and we find the gas charge gone, what is the paperwork required to rectify, legally, ... defra info just seems to say "make best efforts to avoid gas leakage".... Over 3kg regulations are absoutely clear but under doesnt seem to be.