Thread: Going nowhere?

Going nowhere?

Hey guys,
    Was wondering if any of you have any tips for getting out of the service game and into design/development? Do any of you know of companies that provide in-house training in system/product design, or are there courses available that are worth taking the hit of losing a major portion of my income to complete? I know Grimsby have a degree course, but unfortunately no option for distance-learning.
    As it stands I am working for a small company doing commercial, industrial, marine and domestic installations & repairs. It's a thankless job with low pay (still told I'm useless after working 60+ hours week for the last few years plus expected to do all the marketing and tracking work as my boss "can't" - in my own time!) I can't progress any further in my career where I am and it's beginning to do my nut in.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated at this point!

Re: Going nowhere?

Firstly try a CAD design course alot of colleges do them at night, also alot of manufacturers take on service engineers in technical support and product selection roles and once you in the door i would imagine they put you through all sorts of training

Personally, I would stop being walked all over and look for another job. That will teach him when you put your notice in.

Good Managers always reward good work with a pat on the back and discuss your shortcomings when you don't get it right.

Good luck with your further education...you can never learn enough.

Thanks guys, I'm looking up CAD courses and will be posting CV's left-right-and-centre over the next wee while to see where I get to