Hybrid View

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Pressure changes and temperature through the cycle

Consider your thoughts on Q3 first in simple terms.

The compressor provides the low pressure also by means of it's intake stroke therefore the evaporator is never filled with an equalised pressure.

The high pressure side pushes the liquid and the low pressure side pulls the vapour.

Yes, the expansion device, valve, does lower the pressure but without the compressor maintaining that low pressure it would soon equalise.

College question??
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

ZaxHex Guest

Re: Pressure changes and temperature through the cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Consider your thoughts on Q3 first in simple terms.

The compressor provides the low pressure also by means of it's intake stroke therefore the evaporator is never filled with an equalised pressure.

The high pressure side pushes the liquid and the low pressure side pulls the vapour.

Yes, the expansion device, valve, does lower the pressure but without the compressor maintaining that low pressure it would soon equalise.

College question??
    Nope, heh, in fact I completed my masters in CS a couple of years ago but the last time I touched thermodynamics was during my BS degree. So, after reading 70 or so pages of material related to HVAC I have a couple questions. For Q3 that makes sense though, what about the others?