Maximum Service Operation of D48 Type Core Drier

Hi Guys

Wondered if any one knows if there is a maximum operational life of a standard core drier ?

I have seen an instance more than once where a core drier has partly broken down. Although this could be contributed to the drier absorbing alot of moisture it would be nice to set a president other than the standard annual or bi annual change

Regards NZ

Re: Maximum Service Operation of D48 Type Core Drier

Even full of moisture a drier shouldnt break down. Unless it was physically damaged before or during installation, which I have seen before.

Re: Maximum Service Operation of D48 Type Core Drier

The cores condition depends on how clean your system is.
    Installed on the liquid line and, in suspected "dirty" systems, installed on suction line as well. If in doubt, just pump down and remove the cover plate... Off colour? Toss em.
    The last person to have fitted new cores should have written in the on site maintenance record as to when they were replaced.
    If there has been no issue with system performance, for example, compressor failure/ discoloured oil/ high discharge pressure issues/clogged orifice/copper colour on the inside of valves,( for CFC's) and grey to black colour for every other gas,( except Ammonia and C02 as i haven't a clue)... then change them every 2-3 years.
    NB: Also depends on the type of compressor and what the manufacturer recommends.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.