semi hermetic compressor run backwards?

Can anyone tell me if a semi hermetic compressor run backwards and still have normal pressures. The reason i ask is i have a part winding compressor that is drawing more current on the secound stage set of windings. In myexperience there is normally a higher current draw on the first stage set of windings and less current draw on the secound stage windings. Has anyone out there struck this before?

Re: semi hermetic compressor run backwards?

Dependant on what brand of compressor you are using, generally they can operate in either direction as oil pumps are multi-directional. There are part winding and 50/50 split windings available. compressor model number would help to clarify.

Unless it's a 66/33 pws.

moideen is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Quote Originally Posted by chemuss View Post
    Can anyone tell me if a semi hermetic compressor run backwards and still have normal pressures. The reason i ask is i have a part winding compressor that is drawing more current on the secound stage set of windings. In myexperience there is normally a higher current draw on the first stage set of windings and less current draw on the secound stage windings. Has anyone out there struck this before?
    Both windings resistant are deferent. So ampere draw will be deferent. Mention your com.brand and model. Then you may get more answers.