Bosch F/F KGN36 Evap removal

Hi Guys got a Bosch enr KGN36X42/07 I wanted to check the defrost element & stats I removed the screws & slid the whole unit forward about 3-4 inches then lost my nerve is this the way to remove it.also is it poss to put it into forced defrost mode. Thanks Mack

Re: Bosch F/F KGN36 Evap removal

It not possible to remove the evaporator without de gassing the sytstem first .it's part of the sealed refigeration sysyem charged and under pressure,elements.sensors and stats are all plug in/connectors and can be disconnected either in the freezer compartment or at the controls in order to do a check with a suitable meter.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

pandoras Guest

It is preferred to remove the evaporator to avoid collision.For More information please visit www(dot)pandorasoem(dot)com.

Quote Originally Posted by spimps View Post
    It not possible to remove the evaporator without de gassing the sytstem first .it's part of the sealed refigeration sysyem charged and under pressure,elements.sensors and stats are all plug in/connectors and can be disconnected either in the freezer compartment or at the controls in order to do a check with a suitable meter.
    Some of them Bosch fridge freezers have a slide out evaporator in the top of the freezer compartment. A little tricky though, especially if the evaporator is iced up.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.