Correct procedure for assembling prefab walk-in

Good evening to everyone. This is my first post in your forum. I'm 22 years old, living in the Republic of Panama, just out of technical college, working in a frozen food distributing company. Hoping to be helpful to any of you in the near future, but right now just learning the trade.
    I have a doubt in regards to the correct way to assemble a prefab walk in freezer. We have already started to erect the panels, and although the vertical level of the walls is maintained on both axis (front to back and laterally), the top of the panels are not even: it is going a little up, as in a ladder. I suspect it is a non-leveled concrete slab problem. Should I just keep assembling the four walls and at the end make a leveling cut all-around, or it might be better to start shimming the walls? Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

Re: Correct procedure for assembling prefab walk-in

Quality of cold storage lays in the insulation, You did not mention any floor insulation. Building cold rooms is a profession on its own, All gaps and corners must be filled after erection with liquid Polyurethane, a thermal camera check up at the end will show you all little gaps you have missed.

I recently installed a walk-in cooler/freezer combo box. It sounds as if your floor is not level. My floor was not level as I started out and I ended up with stair-step wall panels. I ended up taking it all down and leveling the floor. The further you go the harder it is to get the panels to lock together properly. Its better to get the floor as close to level as possible.

Thank you for your responses. We asked the construction contractor to check the level of the slab, and it turned out to have a 4 cm drop. He told me that in order to level the floor, they´re going to have to jackhammer the concrete floor, which is about 15 cm thick, and this action may crack both the plastic sheet (vapor barrier) and the polyurethane insulation board which sits below the slab. He recommends us to shim the walls instead.

Hi coldseeker2012
    You should to start with a level platform. Chock the footing channel with wood at close intervals and infill with poly & mastic sealant. Then build walls and ceiling straight, level, square and even.

Get the floor contractor to apply a coat of self levelling compound to make up the 4cm difference, shimming the walls will leave gaps, moisture will penetrate and cause long term problems.

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.