bert9k Guest

AEG santo - freezer not working after door left open

hi there, i have the model with independent compressors for fridge/freezer.
    fridge works fine and freezer was also until someone left the door open and it frosted over inside.
    I has been thoroughly defrosted (1 week off), cleaned out and all drain pipes checked etc, but now it now struggles to reach -15. With coolmatic button pressed, it can get to -20 (display readout) but it is pumping continuously to do so, i switched it off incase the motor would overheat.

whats the likely prognosis -it is worth calling someone to repair (refigeant leak possibly/ faulty sensor) or something uneconomical to fix.

regards
    b.

Re: AEG santo - freezer not working after door left open

You probably have highlighted one possible which is refrigerant loss,could also be compressor loss of efficiency.
    Is the condenser either behind or underneath absolutely free from dust and fluff etc.
    Nice peice of kit compared to whats on the market now,possibly all makes run both cabinets off one compressor now. so worth an engineers visit at least,ask their charges first though!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein