zaarin_2003 Guest

Unknown Candy turning into everything into a block of ice

Hi,

I have a Candy Fridge Freezer. I'm not sure of the model number as it is fitted to the inside of a door. Anyway, for a while now the fridge section has been so cold its been freezing everything. A large ice block has grown and this is all with the dial (pointing at 2 in the picture) at its lowest setting.

IMG_0668.JPG

The s snowflake was lit up with the 1/0 switch set to 1. I switched it to 0 and the snowflake light went out (as in the picture) and now it must be warming as the large ice is melting.

It still feels cool in there, but that may be the affect of the ice.

What I'd like to know is, was the fridge previously in some sort of ultra cold mode, which I've now turned off by pressing the 1/0 switch. Or have I in fact just turned it off completely and everything will spoil (the main light is still on so I don't think so).

Thanks

Matt

Re: Unknown Candy turning into everything into a block of ice

Look for the the user manual,if you cant find it should be available online.
    Think the S in the snowflake means superfreeze so you have had it running continuously,so thats why it's been too cold.
    The superfreeze is intended for using 24 hours before you put fresh food in the freezer so it has a head start and the quicker the food is frozen better is the preserved quality.

Your Candy doesn't really have a problem at all!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein