ELCO Syncronous Evap motors

Elco motor.jpg
    Wonder if Mr Elco could explain the workings of this 10wattish motor model ECM12-15 two are fitted in a Fosters Freezer,both failed in under two years. Interested so I opened it up.
    Capacitor failed in this one.
    Seems very complicated electronics wise,what are the running savings with this motor,per annum say compared to a standard ?
    Thanks

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

Re: ELCO Syncronous Evap motors

Zero savings if replaced with 3 years i'd say!! Supposed to be 50% more efficient, but at 4 times the price of a multifit.

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

The payback period for a standard supermarket is around 9 months. Yes the initial cost is quite substantial but the electricity cost is far greater (I still have an old Elco UK leaflet we designed somewhere if it is of interest which illustrates the payback in detail?).

The main thing to remember is due to the electronics these are alot more "fragile" than standard shaded pole motors. If you switch the motors on and off several times in a short space of time you need to give it a minute or two for the capacitor to disapate the energy otherwise you will blow it.

To know the specific cause of failure on your specific motors they would have to be returned to the technical labs at Elco head office in Milan.

Regards
    Pole Star

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Thanks Pole star
    I would love to see the payback detail.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Thanks Polestar

Send on the leaflet or post a link here to it, also pm me a price list, need to compare to local suppliers.

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Any pointers on how to upload the PDF to this site? In low res it is still 6mb.

Failing that I will upload it to our website so you can download it or you can pm me your email and I can send you a copy.