Bitzer, 2 stage compressors (Help)

Someone can give me a hint how these compressors? How the valves are switched power?
    Ever read something, but I still have some doubts.

mond13 Guest

Re: Bitzer, 2 stage compressors (Help)

Quote Originally Posted by kmplm View Post
    Someone can give me a hint how these compressors? How the valves are switched power?
    Ever read something, but I still have some doubts.

Bitzer (made in Germany) compressors are the most reliable ones and am using them wherever i can!
    Regarding the valves I assume you refer to the solenoid valves for capacity regulation and the power up sequence pretty much depends on the compressor type. If you cn provide the model no. then i can give you the specific info you're looking for

The double stage BITZER compressor haven't solenoid valves for start unloading or even for capacity regulation, I think.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

I think you are refer piston compressors S6xxxx and S4xxxx, right?
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Quote Originally Posted by mond13 View Post
    Bitzer (made in Germany) compressors are the most reliable ones and am using them wherever i can!
    Regarding the valves I assume you refer to the solenoid valves for capacity regulation and the power up sequence pretty much depends on the compressor type. If you cn provide the model no. then i can give you the specific info you're looking for
    The compressor is a: S6J-16.2Y-40P. The liquid injection solenoid should connect with the compressor already in operation, the s theame with standing in line to return oil to the compressor. And then have another but I do not see what function it. is at the top of the compressor to separate the two heads of the compressor.
    The compressor is to operate in a freezing tunnel, -40, with R404.
    Sorry my English. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmplm View Post
    The compressor is a: S6J-16.2Y-40P. The liquid injection solenoid should connect with the compressor already in operation, the s theame with standing in line to return oil to the compressor. And then have another but I do not see what function it.....
    Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean...

hi im not quite sure what you mean but the bitzer 2 stage compressor is sucking low pressure refrigerant from the system on 1 bank ie 1 head, and the valve plate has blank plug in it so that the 2 cyclinders chambers are totaly cut off from the sump, and a special metal gasket to blank off common discharge port.(2)The discharge is piped from bank 1 to the 2nd bank which increases the pressure in same way, and then the discharge of 2nd bank goes in to main suction of the compressor, and then last bank sucks the gas in normal way from the sump and discharges it out to the condensor, eg bank 1 (5psi) bank 2 (30psi) bank 3(160 psi)

On the case of double stage BITZER compressors The oil sump is at intermediate pressure. For the S6 there are 2 cylinders sucking from the I.P. and discharge it to the condenser and 4 cylinders sucking from the main evaporators and discharge it tho the I.P.

A liquid injection system attached with a subcooler or not will guarantee that a high discharge superheating is not achieved and in the case of the existing of the subcooler this one will be also fed by the liquid injection.

This is a two stage compressor with sub-cooler.
    Have a look at the drawing I attached.

Either your compressor is with CIC unit or it came with normal TEV. Either way the connections for the sub-cooler is the same. If it's with CIC unit then you need to know how to wire it up in the electrical board.

Mechanically you install this compressor exactly like single stage one. You have one suction port and one discharge port. You need oil pressure switch either mechanical or electronic one. As in my drawing, liquid injection port must be connected correctly. If on your sub-cooler there is no sight glass (on the pipe), then you need to install one.
    When charging the system you must be aware that there is enough refrigerant in the system so that the CIC or TEV valve (liquid injection valve) can receive full column of liquid, otherwise the compressor will cut off by the CIC unit or internal thermistors.

Install a good oil separator.
    Make sure that the piping is designed correctly so you have good oil return. On the other hand if there is not enough refrigerant, oil return will be a huge problem.

Cheers
    LANA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Even Einstein Asked Questions

Here i don't have the CIC system, its normal. To the subcooler i have a solenoid and a TEV valve. Have a oil separator with a solenoid to.....I must be carefull with the refrigerant charge....

Be very carefull to avoid Floodback as the Liquid Refrigerant enters right into the Low stage Cylinders!!...Chatter. ..Crunch...Bang....Pop....Quiet

if you have any other query, pls contact me, it concerns about your loading.

Did you ever try the new Dorin 2 stage? All gas is circulating inside the compressor, no external coils, just for the sub-cooler. http://www.dorin.com/documents/Downl..._2S-H_1302.pdf. Really nice behaviour and no more issues with capillary tubes breaking every now and then due to vibration

Quote Originally Posted by GPD View Post
    Did you ever try the new Dorin 2 stage? All gas is circulating inside the compressor, no external coils, just for the sub-cooler. http://www.dorin.com/documents/Downl..._2S-H_1302.pdf. Really nice behaviour and no more issues with capillary tubes breaking every now and then due to vibration
    GPD, Welcome to our FORUM!! I hope you appreciate it

I saw the pdf on the http you indicated. What has so special? It's like the BITZER subcooler system...

the good thing is that there is no external piping for the interstage coils. No insulated pipes surrounding the heads. The only external stuff is the sub-cooler, nothing else. With other brands you have plenty of coils in addition to the subcoolers, these additional coils are vibrating and shaking a lot during compressor operation. Just much cleaner design.

This picture shows the 2 stage layout: 2 stage compressors.jpg

This picture shows the 2 stage layout: 2 stage compressors.jpg

You are out of order!
    This is not a sales forum to be flooded by direct employees.
    Pay to advertse like all the others.
    Grizzly

Grizzly, chill out...he just is showing the differences. I hadn't knowledge of that on Dorin compressors and he just inform to me and many others of that.

I will not dare to ask to GPD how much it cost... otherwise you kill us.

Fair comments Sandro.
    I hope GPD becomes a valued and helpful member of the forum.
    But you will have to excuse me for maybe over reacting, in my defence anyone who posts direct links to a manufactures equipment.
    When their email is in this case gpd@ dorin.com within the first 4 posts is a bit suspicious is it not?

We shall see, I hope my cynicism is proven wrong!

Grizzly

okay...maybe you're right, sorry.

It may be now, last night it was different.
    Over to you to prove me wrong with the cynicism.

Grizzly

try to send an e-mail to gpd@dorin.com