rust never sleeps

anyone else found moisture or signs of it present in systems since being assembled/manufactured in china

so far im the only one in australia who seems to have this issue
    Last edited by lowcool; 01-09-2012 at 05:25 AM.

mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

Re: rust never sleeps

Hi Lowcool, where have you been lately.

gday magoo
    i still drop in for a look now and again fella i just get a bit miffed about some attitudes,yet that helps the world go round.
    take care mate

sorry, lowcool. missed your post regarding rust or moisture formation on china made parts. what item/s have you ordered from china that has this problem ?

have found moisture stains/residue and water in evaporators,condensing unit pipework and rust in a pressure vessel.this has come about from modifying and reworking new plant and by using a vacrometer.had a couple of evaps that were mostly shiny bright inside the suction tail but on giving em a flush moisture was still present.check your pump oil for water after achieving a reasonable micron rating.seek counselling for frustration in trying to achieve a 200 micron rating with triple evacuations over an 8 hour period.god(ill stick to atheism)this crap has caused me some grief.its great when the epa points the bone at the industry and leaves the manufacturers out of it.

in my day if anything was not a clean coppery or shiny bright finish inside the pipe it was rejected,now black white and green seem to be all the rage same colours as the afghanistan flag.
    Last edited by lowcool; 16-09-2012 at 12:18 AM.

That's the price you pay for using cheap Chinese units.
    The industry was much better place before they stepped in.

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    The world was a better place when engineers were paid more than accountants..

small anacdote
    A couple of years back I bought a new BBQ. A cheapie from the local diy shed. Half way through building it I stopped and thought. "Is this what the worlds resources are being used on up?" I now have a Webber...

We used to do a lot of warranty work on Alto swimming pool heat pumps. It was really hard to look the customer in the eye after they just spent out 2k when they asked "Is this a good make?"

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    h i chemi cheaply made it is and im just putting it together and commissioning it,camp kitchen rooms with back up in lt and mt,problem here that imo is the product is of a lesser standard if there is one at all???????the price hasnt come down(prime example is a danfoss tx valve)and you have to rework the lovely products.the parent company is a big time major global player to my knowledge.
    i have come across many excellent manufactured chinese products,definitely agree cheap and nasty crap from them in general.The other problem is they didnt step in on this occasion the parent company decided to manufacture there cheap cheap.
    when they substitute nitrogen for dry air,well you can make up your own minds about that
    worked on a 2dr glass display freezer thing was from china its wired with figure 8(bell wire .75mm),connections were done by cutting insulation back and twitching wires together(cold soldering)or looped around and wrapped in a few layers of insul tape
    Last edited by lowcool; 17-09-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: nitrogen and air gone airy,another classic nitrogen locks in dorin sightglass threads,6 hrs on pump and still bubbling