inverter comp with vapour injection

OK, you lucky guys in Europe have all the good toys. Copeland makes an inverter scroll with EVI and I tried to find them over here through my normal wholesalers, no one has heard of them. 50hz only.

So my question is....so what? It is a DC motor (I think), can't I bring one over from Europe and put a 60hz inverter on it?

I haven't called copeland yet but I know they won't tell me to buy one from Europe.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: inverter comp with vapour injection

Don't know about R410a models but you can get a 60Hz R22 one from Sanyo.....

http://www.yukselteknik.com/dokumanl...alog/sanyo.pdf
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Yea, I saw that but not too much in the 1ph dept, unfortunately. Defo not much for 410A. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHolm View Post
    Yea, I saw that but not too much in the 1ph dept, unfortunately. Defo not much for 410A. Thanks anyway.
    Mike, it is a normal AC motor but they use an SV to pulse hotgas on a chamber above the scroll and they lift this way the scroll at regular intervals so that it runs freely. There's a special controller to regulate the SV. Sure you can use it on 60Hz.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

If you put an inverter on a digital scroll, then you do'nt need a digital scroll but a normal scroll. A digital scroll can go as low as 1% of it's full load where a VFD controlled one only can be reduced to 30 HZ (of its designed 50 Hz)
    It all depends how low you need to go in your lowest capacity step.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks Peter, the vapour injection is more important than the VFD and I know it can be done without a special port. My goal is a higher CT at low ambient (-20) and while the VFD is nice, it won't get me the improved low end. Danfoss has a nice EVI comp but it is only in 38kw/3 ph and up so no good for my needs.