Use of Nylog sealant.

Is there anyone that uses Nylog viscoelastic sealant?
    If so, can you share where and when, plus to what extent.
    It appears to be great solution on fittings for added sealing on hoses when vacuuming, but the product is also recommended for swaged flared connections.

It would be good to hear how others use this. Maybe this US product has an equivalent in Europe?

Re: Use of Nylog sealant.

http://refrigtech.com/Product/Sealan...ylog_blue.html

Been taken by surprise that no feedback came on this. It turns out the product is not available in the UK.
    This is widely available from HVAC outlets there in the US and recommended from uses on forums, especially when vacuuming. Check the link for interest, sure it would be bought if available.

Meant to answer but forgot! I have some friends in the states that use it and recommend it, might see if i can get some sent over!
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Looks interesting and would hope to try it sometime.
    In the meantime, I'll stick with Leak Lock

I am getting a couple of bottles, cost between $6 to $10 depending on outlet.
    Sure if it was on sale in the UK it would be at least double that, like everything else seems to be.

I just picked some up but haven't used it yet, pretty gummy stuff

I having been using for a couple on months (quite pricey in NZ). All I can say is I have not had any leaks.
    I use on all mechanical fittings, as standard!

If any of my techs were to use this type of goop Id kick their arse. You sell yourselves as tradesmen, work like one. The amount of this type of corner cutting I see is sad. Learn to do a flare right rather than take the shortcut.

abercrombie
    asdsaHKsd DWJHwkjloD
    mercuailr vapor

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    If any of my techs were to use this type of goop Id kick their arse. You sell yourselves as tradesmen, work like one. The amount of this type of corner cutting I see is sad. Learn to do a flare right rather than take the shortcut.
    So you have never used it?
    So you have never used locktite (or similar), PTFE or teach you techs to oil a flare?
    It is just another product, with similar chemistry to POE.

I'm more over having to pick all the excess gunk outta strainers and valves because someone did not learn how to do a proper flare. I assumed it was more like the blue **** that gets troweled around some systems.

I'm more over having to pick all the excess gunk outta strainers and valves because someone did not learn how to do a proper flare. I assumed it was more like the blue **** that gets troweled around some systems.
    It is basically a grease POE, or grease mineral (depending on which type your use). Not the Blue **** which is more like a paste. any excess is suppose to back into the system.

I actually see where you are coming from, but had you done any research and read up on it, it would have helped you.
    I agree on the flare issue, but from all I have seen it is mainly used on the faces of all hose connections when vacuuming a system. It does seem to remove much of the ag caused from leaks in your own equipment.
    i would only use it on vac'ing operations.
    Easily cleaned off, non hardening, compatible with HFC's (blue, red for CFC's) and non contaminate to either refrigerants.
    Has to be a must in the toolbox unless you never have vac leak issues .... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by itstony View Post
    I actually see where you are coming from, but had you done any research and read up on it, it would have helped you.
    I agree on the flare issue, but from all I have seen it is mainly used on the faces of all hose connections when vacuuming a system. It does seem to remove much of the ag caused from leaks in your own equipment.
    i would only use it on vac'ing operations.
    Easily cleaned off, non hardening, compatible with HFC's (blue, red for CFC's) and non contaminate to either refrigerants.
    Has to be a must in the toolbox unless you never have vac leak issues .... Lol.
    I thought it was for all fittings screwed, flared, you name it.
    There are 2 different ones, for old & new refrigerants.

Some people use leak lock on flares to which is average, but everyone has their own ways.
    Mine are usually the best though

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    I thought it was for all fittings screwed, flared, you name it.
    There are 2 different ones, for old & new refrigerants.

Some people use leak lock on flares to which is average, but everyone has their own ways.
    Mine are usually the best though
    Bad day at the office (tidying up after another tech ).
    Where is the advantage over oil? Just less viscosity.

johnnyb Guest

Bad day at the office (tidying up after another tech ).
    Where is the advantage over oil? Just less viscosity.
    Don't know if I am replying correctly here, This not to anyone specifically but to all.

Why would you use a sealant on a flare connection the threads are not the seal. A sealant will not help seal anything here. oil is the best for helping a flare work . I was talking to a supply house guy the other day who said that he knew an old timer that made his flares with a ball peen hammer. I can see how it could work and would be fast . After all the seal will be made by the shape of the fittings when they are tightened.

I use it on most R410 flares, and any fittings that might have any doubt if there's no other immediate option (a little goes a long way - a bottle lasts ages) and have done so for a few years, no leaks so far that I'm aware of. It's good as a lube if anything. An old colleague once tried it on a damaged cylinder fitting that was leaky, it didn't leak after that, that's pretty much what got us into it. Yes, I did learn to do flares properly, and no I'm not perfect. I've been back to fix flares of older fridgies who have said "i've never had a flare that's leaked". I've seen plenty of leaks on older flares with leak lock, my guess is that it sets hard and vibration breaks it up?
    I recommend the product. One type is compatible with HFCs and the other is with HCFCs.

Very interesting, I will try to test it... sadly I cant found a distributor in México.
    And yes, I also think the brand new flares have no issue, but the vibration (evaporators for example)
    affect this in a manner to leak out.

solder solder solder
    dont understand why its not used on split fittings
    somebody send some nylog to dorin
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

Been using Nylock for years and I have never had a leak. Highly recommended.