Hi. I'm a physicist who has a bunch of refrigeration equipment and an HVAC license, but little experience except for a few custom sytems I've built, servicing the AC units to rental property that I own, and my own antique vehicles, and a few friends and family who badger me.

Would you experienced experts consider a plan I have, before I complete the intall. I haven't plumbed it yet, but am otherwise ready to.

So I'm renovating a 1973 Rv and installed 2x Dometic 110 volt 14,000 btu split mo_bile units, condensers below deck. They use tecumseh compressors, capillary metering systems, and have a two speed condenser fan, run on Nu-22 (R-22 zeotrophic replacement). One unit is a year older than the other and has a differently engineered metering capillary system (looks different).

They both work great. The problem is that the older unit easily ends up kicking on the high speed of the fan, and it is way too loud for my easily annoyed self to tolerate. The fan speed kicks on when the refrigerant temperature entering the dryer, between the condenser and the evaporator hits, I think 130 degrees F., the thermocouple sensor is not faulty. The newer unit never requires high speed. Unmounting the two condensers and putting them in the open with tons of airflow doesnt change this, it isn't a mounting location problem. The condensers are identical. I think it is related to the design of the units, but can't get answers from Dometic because it all acutally cools fine and the numbers are fine, just a bit different. The refrigerant temp of the "better' unit never gets much above 120, the older "problem" unit gets to 130, the high speed fan kicks on, and it drops right down and cycles.

So, in my inexperienced and easily annoyed genius, I have installed a second but smaller condenser. I plan to plumb it between the main condenser and the dryer, and hope that it will cool down the liquid refrigerant so that the fan can be on low speed, and be very quiet.

I plan on filling the system using superheat readings, but expect that the lines to/and the smaller condenser between the main condenser and the evaporator will be filled with liquid refrigerant most all of the time.

do any of you experts see any obvious problems with this plan, before I recover my refrigerant and plumb this smaller condenser into the sytem.

The seemingly obvious other way is to get a bigger main condenser, but I don't have room underneath for anything bigger, but two smaller ones fit.