advise with grasso rc12 sinusoidal springs

I would like to ask if any of you are familiar with material thickness of sinusoidal springs for grasso rc12. the thickness of the discharge sinusoidal springs i got from actual measurement was 0.5 mm , and 0.8 mm for the suction sinusoidal springs. since no valve plates were damaged, i looked at the aftermarket, since our local grasso distributor will only sell the sets.

i got a quote from one aftermarket parts supplier. the material specs for the discharge is the same thickness, which is 0.5 mm , but i noticed that the material thickness for the suction sinusoidal spring was only 0.6 mm . was there a revision of the material specs from grasso that changed the suction sinusoidal spring material thickness from 0.8 mm to 0.6 mm ?

any advise from fellow grasso recips users ?

thank you

Re: advise with grasso rc12 sinusoidal springs

Quote Originally Posted by engrp View Post
    I would like to ask if any of you are familiar with material thickness of sinusoidal springs for grasso rc12. the thickness of the discharge sinusoidal springs i got from actual measurement was 0.5 mm , and 0.8 mm for the suction sinusoidal springs. since no valve plates were damaged, i looked at the aftermarket, since our local grasso distributor will only sell the sets.

i got a quote from one aftermarket parts supplier. the material specs for the discharge is the same thickness, which is 0.5 mm , but i noticed that the material thickness for the suction sinusoidal spring was only 0.6 mm . was there a revision of the material specs from grasso that changed the suction sinusoidal spring material thickness from 0.8 mm to 0.6 mm ?

any advise from fellow grasso recips users ?

thank you
    engrp,
    I don't know answer & Grasso change stuff all the time.
    If its aftermarket buyer beware of course.
    Ask for some sort of guarantee & give them a go if quality looks reasonable.
    Genuine is always nice, but some aftermarket stuff is equal as well.

Sometimes you can advise client of risk so you can share problem with them.
    Let client make decision after telling him price difference.

thnaks for the advise, ranger1. got reply from aftermarket parts maker. they say they made error in typing material specs. i have bought previously from this supplier and i am satisfied with their product quality. would proceed with parts order thru them. we know trhe risk, but if we buy the parts from the local gea supplier, the cost is almost half of the compressor. thanks again for the advise.

Original Grasso sinusoidal suction 1mm, discharge 0,5mm

friend, It is 0.6 mm