Mishubishi Electric Vs Mitsubishi Heavy

Hi everyone

I am not a Refrigeration tech. I am looking to install one of the following units in my house.
    Mitsubishi Electric Model: MSZ/MUZ-GE71VA OR Mitsubishi Heavy Model: SRK/SRC-71ZK-S
    Similar specifications. Which one would you advice to purchase. I found both of them at the same price. Are there any significant differences? Which company is presumed to be ahead in technology and has fewer problems?

Thanks in advance. Perry

Re: Mishubishi Electric Vs Mitsubishi Heavy

personally i would advise installing the Mitsubishi Electric, as if with problems you can contact mitsubishi direct but with heavy industries you dont. They just use the mitsubishi brand name.
    Its good quality kit and aslong as installed correctly & serviced/maintained it will run for years!

thanks,
    Luke

Re: Mishubishi Electric Vs Mitsubishi Heavy

Perry,

Between those two brands there isn't much difference in the kit itself.
    As Luke points out above, here in UK "Electric" is offering tech support directly whilst "Heavy" relies on their nominated wholesalers.
    (Personally I usually get equally good service from both.)
    What the situation is like down in Greece I have no idea, sorry.

However, your main concern shouldn't be choosing between these two brands both are good. It is pretty much like choosing a car, ask people if they prefer Citroen or Fiat and you will see that there isn't much difference apart from individuals' personal opinions.

What is likely to affect the lifespan more than any choice of brand is choice of installer...
    Find an A/C installer with a good reputation who will carry out the whole installation according to best engineering practices and you are likely to get a system that last well in to double digit anniversaries as long as it is maintained.