Liebherr Fridge Freezer - Ice builds up at the back

I have a Liebherr CNES3866 fridge freezer with a persistent problem - ice builds up at the back, inside the channel which drains the condensation. The little hole does not usually get blocked, but as the ice builds up, it stops the condensation water going down the channel, and the water ends up flooding the drawers and the bottom of the fridge.

After trying to remove the ice build up incorrectly over the years, we have made a couple of dents in the channel, which I am sure don't help the situation.

I imagine this must be a serious fault, but I am reluctant to call someone in, only to be told that the fridge cannot be repaired. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Re: Liebherr Fridge Freezer - Ice builds up at the back

ice build up on these in to do with air sensor

[QUOTE=IwishIknew;263002]I have a Liebherr CNES3866 fridge freezer with a persistent problem - ice builds up at the back, inside the channel which drains the condensation. The little hole does not usually get blocked, but as the ice builds up, it stops the condensation water going down the channel, and the water ends up flooding the drawers and the bottom of the fridge.

After trying to remove the ice build up incorrectly over the years, we have made a couple of dents in the channel, which I am sure don't help the situation.

I imagine this must be a serious fault, but I am reluctant to call someone in, only to be told that the fridge cannot be repaired. Any suggestions?

Thank you.[/QUOT

mr,whisky,

Inside drain channel there should b one watt bullion heater ,which might be burnt out or not fitted,
    just insert one watt heater inside the channel it will solve ur prob,
    regds,

The air sensor is NOT faulty, its funtion is to display the temperature, there is NO heater in the drain.
    I would advise you to remove the drain pipe and clear the obstruction that is preventing the defrost water to drain away, the hose has a sharp bend on it so it is difficult to clear by inserting anything down it. It is found behind the black condensor grll at the rear of your unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tony randall View Post
    The air sensor is NOT faulty, its funtion is to display the temperature, there is NO heater in the drain.
    I would advise you to remove the drain pipe and clear the obstruction that is preventing the defrost water to drain away, the hose has a sharp bend on it so it is difficult to clear by inserting anything down it. It is found behind the black condensor grll at the rear of your unit.
    Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the drain pipe is not blocked. The water freezes in the channel that leads to the drain hole, before it gets to it. I have tried keeping the fan turned on all the time and this seems to have helped but I don't know if this is the way the fan is supposed to be used.
    Thanks again.