Floyd Guest

Haier HRF-368A sensor problem

How do you replace temperature sensors on a Haier HRF-368A fridge/freezer? The sensor cables go through the foam injected insulation and cannot be pulled. Display is reading 10deg C and the refrigerator cabinet temperature is actually 2deg. and with a thick layer of ice forming on the fridge evaporator.The temperature is set at 6 deg.C therefore one of the sensors must be failing. This unit comes with 4 sensors:- Fridge, Space, Freezer and Ambient sensor. Could anyone help please?.
    Regards
    Floyd

Re: Haier HRF-368A sensor problem

yup pay for my plane tickets and we come over and fix it for ya

Floyd Guest

As they say " it takes all sorts to make a world"... and idiots are one of a kind!

yep but this idiot knows how to fix them and not to buy cheap chinese **** in the first place

Hi Floyd

If you can't pull the sensor out because it's stuck in the foam you might try cutting the probe tip off inside the fridge and solder/crimp the new one in and waterproof with heat shrink. Might not look pretty but will do the job.

If a thermistor is misreading then also bear in mind there could be a fault with the PCB. I work on AC so can't be specific to your unit but all AC units (so far!) I've checked have a 5V DC feed to the probe - measurement taken when probe disconnected.

Cheers,
    Andy.

PS - Good comeback by the way
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.