Marine Refigerator

Small boat refrigerator 3.5 cu ft with danfoss 12v BD2 compressor,compressor is shot, so he asked me to convert it to a 240volt compressor,
    Can't really change the capilliary so pondering whether to use r134a or r600a,leaning towards 134a at the moment.
    Any thoughts ?

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Marine Refigerator

I know that it is a small amount of gas but I would avoid the HC's in the marine environment if you can.

Gas leak sinks into bilges and you don't know how good the electrics are in that area. Bildge pump switches and pumps etc.

If the boat is on the english canals then it might also invalidate their licence and/or insurance.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Marine Refigerator

Thanks Brian had that in mind re the HC's,used to work for E'Lux when a couple of boats went pop in the Norfolk broads late 70's.
    Surprising how far that gas stretches when you get the correct mix,as a matter of interest when it first came out I connected bunsen burner when exhausting r600a from a system and it would have fried a couple of pans of sausages,10minutes of burn,probably should take a frying pan instead of a lunch box to work
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein