Maytag Programming Code Entry Mode

After the technician replaced the HV board in my mothers Fridge, it has been displaying "PE0 000" which I have found indicates that the model code was not programmed into it by the technician. I have search numerous forums and databases and have not been able to find a working method on how to enter the programming mode on a Maytag MFI2569VEW1 Refrigerator. Pressing the Freezer down button makes it display "PE ICE" and pressing up displays "PE H2O". After a couple seconds it reverts back to "PE0 000". If anyone has a working method, or the described method in a service manual, Please let me know. The technician won't be able to come back for another week, and the refrigerator is dead in the water at this point.

Reposted to more applicable thread?

Re: Maytag Programming Code Entry Mode

open fridge door and hold the light switch closed while pushing the freezer temp down (-) key 3 times consecutively.
    The 3 keystrokes must be done one after the other within 10 seconds.
    release thedoor switch
    The control will now displat PE, to enter progam mode press freezer down (-) once more.
    00 will now display using the freezer and fridge (+) key enter the code as shown on your model label in the fridge compartment below its power rating ie 28.
    Once the code is in press freezer down (-) to save code.
    Exit mode by closing fridge door.
    The unit will not run with code 00 or if an invalid code is entered.
    You can restart the procedure from the beginning if a wrong code is entered.