100% Efficient Possible?

The other day on a routine service call, i came across an air conditioner that stated on the Energy Efficiency sticker that it was rated at 100% efficient. I thought that that, while possible, scientists were still a far way off. Is it actually possible now to have a 100% efficient AC unit, or is that sticker a typo or just wrong. I have never heard of a 100% efficient machine, and if they are now being made, I am going to highly recommend them to all my customers. Any input on this will be helpful. Thanks!

Re: 100% Efficient Possible?

What does it mean? If efficiency is EER, than 100% is a very poor efficiency

I think in Australia they had to change the scaling of the original standard for this reason.
    Things have improved so much the old scaling system showed to many stars as you have indicated.
    U.S.A don't know.

This is a case where confusion happens. If we take it to the scale of a building the chiller may be rated at say 500% or a COP of 5 but that does not include all the associated fans, pumps & controls power. But in some cases - I have seen on utube a unit which runs it's self & a light bulb using a generator & a crank start.