two units next to each other

Well, i somehow ended up with two MHI SRK35ZJX installed within a foot of each other to cover a 40sqm room. They were meant to be on either side of the room but last minute space constraints didnt allow.

The issue right now that is really really bothering me, is that one of the units works harder than the other. Being identical and next to each other it's easy to tell.

On initial powerup (on auto) when they are both on full blast, the right one steps down much sooner than the other. To keep the room cool, the left one steps up much a lot more often than the other. In some cases, the right one goes back up on full blast while the other is just idling.

Any suggestions other than ripping them apart and installing them seperately?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: two units next to each other

Are they on separate controllers or are they working off of one only?

Two controllers will always fight each other.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

yes they are working off the same remote controller, should that matter in any way?

is the heat load into the units the same. try ajusting the swing luvers and the deflectors to direct the air to the sides

if working on the same controller you have a delay setting on the outdoor pcb that can be set up thus both units dont cut in together also you can set those mhi units on a master and a slave thus the above symtons set both on manual fan and powerfull mode the delay can be up to 3 mins if dip switches set to max and sea how they run also set up the side vanes to deflect air of sides of room you may have a heat gain via a certain part of the room

what about when theyre in cool mode? increase the fan speed,1 ft away from each other-bit close-as the return air sensor is on the right hand side of the unit so it could be a problem

Hang a curtain down the center of the room...
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie patt View Post
    if working on the same controller you have a delay setting on the outdoor pcb that can be set up thus both units dont cut in together also you can set those mhi units on a master and a slave thus the above symtons set both on manual fan and powerfull mode the delay can be up to 3 mins if dip switches set to max and sea how they run also set up the side vanes to deflect air of sides of room you may have a heat gain via a certain part of the room
    Hi guys, i don't see how the heat gain is the problem because either one of the units will go idle and the other ballistic at any point. The luvers are set to be all over the place but that doesnt change much.

I think charlie has something going here but i can't really make out anything out of this post Can anyone elaborate on the above?